Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vizio M60-C3 Replacing 1000uF 16V with 1000uF 35V capacitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M60-C3 Replacing 1000uF 16V with 1000uF 35V capacitors?

Hi, my Vizio M60-C3 does not power on. No lights whatsoever. Upon opening up the TV, the power supply board has 4 bulging capacitors. Each is 1000uF 16V. I have read that one can use capacitors of the same uF and higher voltage rating, but is 1000uF 35V capacitor too high of a voltage rating? My local shop only has these higher voltage capacitors so would rather just buy the 35V variety if it is OK to use them.

Any thoughts if OK to use these higher voltage capacitors?
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-04-2021, 09:49 PM. Reason: Vizio M60-C3

Re: Replacing 1000uF 16V with 1000uF 35V capacitors?

Going to higher voltage on caps is typically ok since these are max voltage ratings. However, power supply switching caps need to be low ESR. I would just order from Digikey if you are in US or Canada Rubycon ZLH series capacitors.

That being said, Vizio M series have lots of BGA failures on the main board.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
      Going to higher voltage on caps is typically ok since these are max voltage ratings. However, power supply switching caps need to be low ESR. I would just order from Digikey if you are in US or Canada Rubycon ZLH series capacitors.

That being said, Vizio M series have lots of BGA failures on the main board.
      Thanks! How can one tell if the capacitor has low ESR? For example, the below link is for a 1000uF 25V capacitor, but says nothing about ESR rating/value.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...lead-capacitor

Comment

Assume not unless it says otherwise.
        NTE has been known to distribute the cheapest possible capacitors that meet the requirements they write and if they don't include ESR/tanδ, it won't be low ESR.

That being said, these still could work ... for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
          Assume not unless it says otherwise.
          NTE has been known to distribute the cheapest possible capacitors that meet the requirements they write and if they don't include ESR/tanδ, it won't be low ESR.

That being said, these still could work ... for a while.
          Got it. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
          X