Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55UH850V LED TV Backlights. Buy used or non genuine

Hi all,
    Issue with my TV is that it comes on and goes dark. You can just about make out moving images if you look closely. Everything I have read on here points to a faulty backlight.

This is a bottom lit LED TV with I think 2 strips. I am guessing not the ones you can just unsolder the faulty LED and replace or am I way off?

Considering age of TV (i.e. 2017) genuine new parts are not readily available. So I guess the question is should I get the backlights from somewhere like AliExpress or get a genuine used part from ebay?

Attached is back of TV

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: LG 55UH850V LED TV Backlights. Buy used or non genuine

All of your LEDs will have aged the same, the failed one(s) being the first to go. Replace the whole set with new from Ali or forever be chasing dying LEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      All of your LEDs will have aged the same, the failed one(s) being the first to go. Replace the whole set with new from Ali or forever be chasing dying LEDs.
      Thanks Ali it is then

Comment

Sorry to drag this post back up again.

I have just received the 2 led strips from Ali and would be doing the replacement. Is it a must that I need suction cups to lift the screen off or is there another way to do it?

If I do need one which can I buy off amazon? ....or even Ali if it means waiting ..again
        thanks

Comment

You can use bathroom handle with suction cups or automotive type suction cups, you should be able to find them locally.
          Some people don't use any suction cups at all, just grabbing screen with bare hands, so it depends how brave and careful you are.
          And don't apply too much suction, it can crack screen.

Comment

Working...
          X