Samsung panel help un65js8500 the other from un65ks9500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung panel help un65js8500 the other from un65ks9500

Can someone help me find out if these 2 Samsung panels are compatible?
    I tried to compare on panelook.com but they don't have them listed.

1 is from a un65js8500 the other from un65ks9500

Picture attached of the labels on both.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung panel help

The KS9500 seems to have the mainboard+tcon in just one board, and cables that run directly to the panel, the JS8500 has a separate t-con closer to the panel, even if the cables do fit, that does not guarantee that it will work.

I would say, don't risk it unless you don't have to spend money on parts and have the two TVs side by side.

Comment

One is 3D, another is curved, very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Biruslapio View Post
        The KS9500 seems to have the mainboard+tcon in just one board, and cables that run directly to the panel, the JS8500 has a separate t-con closer to the panel, even if the cables do fit, that does not guarantee that it will work.

I would say, don't risk it unless you don't have to spend money on parts and have the two TVs side by side.
        I have both tv's and parts in front of me. They have the same connections even though 1 has a tcon and the other does not. They are both 10 bit SVA panels and both are Samsung brand.

Just not sure if the power and grounds are in the same location

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
          One is 3D, another is curved, very unlikely.
          The curved part shouldn't matter however the 3d part might. Not sure though

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
            I have both tv's and parts in front of me.
            show us focused high resolution photos on both panels sockets the left and right

Comment

You can swap all boards and see if it works. For backlight you may need to use original power board.
              Last edited by alfatv; 02-12-2022, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                show us focused high resolution photos on both panels sockets the left and right
                I'll get them tomorrow for you

Comment

As far as I know the picture that you have posted is not the screen model. Its the model for the case+diffusers and stuff.

Check both left and right side of the screen and you should see a model number printed on 1 of the sides. Then compare both models.

Comment

Hope the pics are clear enough. Took them with my phone real quick.

1st 3 pics are the JS panel and the last 2 are the KS panel
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
                      Hope the pics are clear enough. Took them with my phone real quick.

1st 3 pics are the JS panel and the last 2 are the KS panel
                      both same layout and VCC. should working with out any issue

Comment

Re: Samsung panel help un65js8500 the other from un65ks9500

Thanks Diah. I appreciate the help. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

both same layout and VCC. should working with out any issue
                          Since you have access to both screens, are they the same? Printed on the buffer boards is a part#.

Comment

Check the model numbers on the green pcbs directly connected to the screen before you make any move!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                              Check the model numbers on the green pcbs directly connected to the screen before you make any move!!!
                              I'm not in front of it at the moment but there not the exact same. That's why I asked if they were compatible.
                              Do you know anyway to confirm other than same pcb model #s?

Comment

Originally posted by handsworth View Post
                                Since you have access to both screens, are they the same? Printed on the buffer boards is a part#.
                                MAN ...you did quoted wrong post.. LOL

to any other whom call them self professional tech where they just steal from here firmware and dumps and later he/she sell it on ebay or over here too for small potato 10$ .. go to aliexpress and buy with yours 10$ LVDS converter 55 /56 /51 /49 /41 pins then you will be able to run any panel as you wish if you do know how panel works. i do doubt you know.

OP. you are not mentioned over here... go head and show them photo of yours coming work.
                                Last edited by Diah; 02-14-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

OP. you are not mentioned over here... go head and show them photo of yours coming work.
                                  Sorry, I don't understand. Not sure exactly what you mean.

Comment

Update. It may work however I was going to put the js panel into the ks frame. Unfortunately the js panel has cof tabs on the side and will be seen if put into the Ks frame.

So a no go for me.

Thanks for all the input though

Comment

Working...
                                    X