Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony STR-DN1030 Distorted audio when Volume adjusted

Originally posted by budwich View Post

As far as the IC, not knowing anything but what is spec'd...IF at "face value", it looks the same (all pins) and the cost is cheap and your skills are OK, then it might worth a gamble to go for it... which are probably going to do ... right. :-)
    I went for it. BD3471KS2 seems to be pin compatible and available from Aliexpress... will be a month before it gets here but i will keep you posted!

As for heating / freezing the IC, It's on the bottom side of the main board. I cant get the system to operate out of the casing. Tried to heat up through the venting holes on the bottom of the chassis, but not sure how hot the IC got, especially that i cant see it!

Thanks again..

Comment

well... not fun. It was just a thought. Having said that, you will need practice removing / getting access to the ic to change it out. You might want to practice "one time" and try a "reflow" of the ic / pins... with flux and soldering... just for "fun". Again, if your time isn't critical. Good luck, and great effort.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
        well... not fun. It was just a thought. Having said that, you will need practice removing / getting access to the ic to change it out. You might want to practice "one time" and try a "reflow" of the ic / pins... with flux and soldering... just for "fun". Again, if your time isn't critical. Good luck, and great effort.
        Thank you so much again!

So here are the videos with BoxDrop links earlier in the thread, very shrunk with removed audio. Let's hope they upload
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jason123; 06-20-2022, 10:31 AM.

Comment

sorry if this "horse has been beaten to death"... I still get the feeling that there is a connection problem somewhere.... possibly a lost / poor ground on the channel. In your video, there is "5" waves on your display from 4 probes. From limited experience, it almost appears to be like a trigger problem. The other thing that seems "interesting" is the wave form is almost 180 degree out of phase which seems strange but maybe plausible although the other DAC output wavesforms have gone thru some processing and don't seem to have any "shift". Refreshing the ground points on the IC might be useful.

Comment

Unfortunately, IC400 has been removed off the board. The good news, it was removed successfully. Awaiting a replacent

Comment

that's ok... hopefully the replacement will indeed solve the problem. Hope the "slow boat" moves faster. I too am waiting for stuff to cross the ocean. :-)

One thing that you might consider is doing a "quick" comparison measurement of the FL/R pins on the new and old chips since they will be demounted which might give you some confirmation that the problem was indeed associated internally with those channels... maybe.
              Last edited by budwich; 06-24-2022, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jason123 View Post
                Unfortunately, IC400 has been removed off the board. The good news, it was removed successfully. Awaiting a replacent
                Did you find a compatible match or a replacement ic?

Comment

BD3471KS2 seems to be pin-compatible. Rohm is not much of a help. So it's a chance.

I don't have a datasheet for the original part BD3470KS2, except the schematic sheet in the manual for the amplifier.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by jason123; 06-27-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Ok.. Just received the IC.. Installed, all went well, almost
                    The chip works, none of the distortion is audible (no scope captures - I think I've had enough )

I think I may have lost a pad because I lost "Video 2" source, but other than that, everything is working well. Still haven't tested video and other sources, but at least the initial goal of repairing the "Distortion" is a success.!!!

Thank you all

Comment

that's great. Glad it worked out with a replacement. Good work and learning.

Comment

A1! Congrats!

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
                          X