Surface Laptop 3 Power Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surface Laptop 3 Power Button

Hello comunity, a friend of mine has a Surface Laptop 3 that suddenly started to behave wierdly. Power Button now works randomly, sometimes it works, sometimes I have to press like 30 times in order to work, sometimes if I close the lid and then open it all the way back then it works. I've taken the key out, and carefully cleaned it, but no changes. Every other key works flawlessly.
    No liquids were spilled so this can only be a keyboard issue, because de power button is in the keyboard itself. Now, I can only find complete top cases, which are very expensive. Anyone as a clue or experienced the same issue?

Best REgards

Re: Surface Laptop 3 Power Button

No thoughts on this?

Comment

Is there a schematic available for this logic board?

Locate a possible shorting pad and test if the logic board can turn on / off with the shorting pads using tweezers.

Also the logic level for the lid sensor needs to be reviewed since you have to open the lid to a sharp angle.

Comment

Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds. Repeatedly press and hold the Power button for 1/2 second before letting go (on/off on/off on/off). Wait a few seconds to see if the Surface begins running and screen turns on.If your Surface still didn't turn on after charging it and trying the keyboard and tablet shortcuts, you can try to force a shutdown, then restart. Here's how: Press and hold the power button until the logo screen appears (about 20 seconds).

Comment

Originally posted by Ember View Post
          Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds. Repeatedly press and hold the Power button for 1/2 second before letting go (on/off on/off on/off). Wait a few seconds to see if the Surface begins running and screen turns on.If your Surface still didn't turn on after charging it and trying the keyboard and tablet shortcuts, you can try to force a shutdown, then restart. Here's how: Press and hold the power button until the logo screen appears (about 20 seconds).
          This is the laptop model, not the tablet one. I've tried that and had no luck!!!

Comment

Working...
          X