acer v3-772g bios clock and windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acer v3-772g bios clock and windows

bios clock is not in sync with windows or linux.

When i remove OS HDD and manually set bios clock, time settings remain. But when i boot windows it keeps reset, other bios settings are not reset.

Battery is 3V full of life, it is replacement. Before it had a dead battery and the bios posted date like 2033, etc, after every restart.

Now with a working battery i don't get clock sync with bios and windows.

Laptop: acer v3-772g, uefi linux or windows - same bios thing.
    Latest bios revision, because it's gtx 850m version MB (last rev.).

Re: bios clock and windows

See attached.

Confirm that the battery voltage is reaching the RTC circuit.

If the battery is confirmed to be ok - review the RTC crystal @ X2001 = 32.768khz.

If available, swap from a donor board or source from a reseller. Be sure to source the same footprint / physical size for this crystal.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: acer v3-772g bios clock and windows

RTC is 3V

i'm hobbyist, i don't have equipment to measure freq. of the crystal. :\

Comment

i set time in bios and shut off computer. Removed battery and power cord. Bios kept time. Every time i boot windows, bios resets time.

When i shutoff windows, bios timer and windows timer is not synced. If you leave pc off for 20 minutes, windows time will be 20 minutes late to real time and bios time will be reset but 20 minutest past.

Comment

Download net time app free, automatically sets time every few mins and starts automatically with Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by sikocan View Post
            Download net time app free, automatically sets time every few mins and starts automatically with Windows.
            bios time messes up windows. I get black screen, mouse pointer visible, when i set bios timer.

Comment

I do not think your rtc crystal is working. The crystal is very inexpensive and should be less than $1 usd on the market. You can share pics from your board but will be available on AliExpress.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                i do not think your rtc crystal is working. The crystal is very inexpensive and should be less than $1 usd on the market. You can share pics from your board but will be available on aliexpress.
                +1
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Replaced the crystal, and it works like a champ.

Thank you guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X