Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 i5-1135G - smartbeeps 011000 & shuts down - worth a repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 i5-1135G - smartbeeps 011000 & shuts down - worth a repair?

Hi,

i have a Thinkpad L13 Gen 2 20VH that doesn´t start.

With powersupply it starts for a few seconds and shut off.
    The same with battery only.

The keyboard lights up, ESC + F1 + F4 + CapsLock is lit and it plays some smartbeeps (011000). I used an Android Emulator with Lenovo PC Diagnostics, but the smartbeeps code is not available.

After the smartbeep played, the ESC is lit for a second and the thinkpad shutsdown.

USB-C Tester show 19.5V and no current.

I wanted an L13 with an i7, but the seller send me a i5 modell (by mistake).
    I am not shure if i should keep the i5 and go and try to repair this Thinkpad or return to seller and get my money back.

I haven´t open the L13 yet.

The 16GB are solderd to the board and can´t removed for further testing.

Is this worth to keep and try a repair?

I attached a smartbeep video, but only my Android in Hyper-V works with smartbeeps. iPhone doesn´t work.

Thanks in advanced
    Attached Files
    Last edited by juergenb; 08-17-2022, 09:58 AM.

Re: ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 i5-1135G - smartbeeps 011000 & shuts down - worth a repair?

Hello. I have two of these laptops with the same problem. Were you able to fix the laptop.

Comment

Re: ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 i5-1135G - smartbeeps 011000 & shuts down - worth a repair?

Hi,
      i had a few days, playing with this laptop, but i wasn´t able to find anything.
      I think there might be a short at a USB Port (meter goes beep).

I still have no schematics

Comment

it's a power issue, should be/maybe solved by this bios updates here... https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/pe/de/p...nent?name=BIOS.

but these devices tend to cold or broken solder joints, because the board is extremly thin and fragile (and solder quality is bad)...
        Last edited by rediii; 03-15-2023, 12:03 PM.

Comment

After long time, i retried this Thinkpad.

I took the board out and examined the backside, nothing obvious.
          So i powered the board and the board didn´t shutdown as usual.
          The Power LED was solid, i had picture.

So finally i attached an HDMI monitor.

The Board was self healing the bios and restarted a few times.
          But it has a bad CRC in security settings and i must enter the bios.

But the thinkpad has Supervisor Password ...

Finally no luck at all.

Comment

Hey Jürgen. I have the exact same issue and beepcode.
            I could bypass the SVP - interessted in switching boards? ^^

Comment

if someone looks for that issue, this code was resolved by reballing on-board RAM. Device was posting with one of chips hardly pressed on board(dont do that in chassey, put board on flat firm surface).
              it is pain in the ass, so if it is not economically viable in your repair, you can try reflowing it instead. it uses 138C solder, so do not overheat the board and use low temp flux.

Comment

Working...
              X