This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm new here as a result of looking for answers to Samsung on/off issues. I've seen a wealth of knowledge on this site and I'm delighted to now be a part of it. I'm a novice computer/electronics hobbyist.

Comment

Hi. I am a new member here. Hope can get some help and share

Comment

Hi im Mathew from New Zealand im new to this and i want to learn as much as i can about electronics i love to tinker in my garage

Comment

Hello for all! i think now i can view all threads ) thank you for best forum!

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm Les from UK, and a hobbyist repairer and fixer of a lot of things! I'm sure I'll learn a great deal and may even offer some advice and experiences along the way!

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm Remi from France, i'm 50 years old and i build and repair on electronics since 14yo. I worked in private research, in microelectronics and now in educational in the same discipline. I want to share experience on this good forum.
              Best regards...

Comment

Hey everybody! I'm Jake and I'm here because I picked up a Panasonic plasma tv that is seriously messed up. Hopefully someone here can help me fix it.
                Cheers

Comment

Hi all
                  My name is Enzo and I come from Italy.

I'm more a software guy than an hardware guy, but hey, no code can run over the air!
                  Thus, I understand the importance of the hardware and I'm beginning to take it into consideration before hitting my head all over the walls!

I mean: if there's a problem somewhere that isn't apparently explainable with logic (random reboots, network problems, and the like), start the debug process by checking that all cables, included the mains, are plugged in where they've to be plugged in!!

Why ResistEnt? In italy, "resistance" is written as "resistenza", and since my name is Enzo my mates started calling me "ResistEnzo"
                  Now Enzo is the diminutive of "Vincent" or "Laurence" (the first is more pertinent with my first name's origins), so it should be spelled as "Ent".
                  It follows that ResistEnzo must be spelled as ResistEnt!

What else to say? My formation in electronics is all theory and little practice, so you can speak to me in terms of voltage, current, impedance, capacitance, signals and so on, but I still don't know how to solder a damn capacitor through a board!

I don't speak English, I just write it but not that good, I know only two words that usually are enough to make you understand what I wanted to say, but I can't understand you if you use all the other words that are not in my small dictionary!
                  Online translators help but not with all words, so plz don't make fun of me with weird jargon that only you can understand :P lol

I registered here because I need some advice about a... guess what?
                  Yeah, a capacitor problem!
                  I'll post it as soon as I can, stay tuned thanks

Bye bye.
                  Theory is when nothing works but you know why. Practice is when things work but you don't know why.
                  Theory and practice are combined when nothing works and you don't know why
                  A. Einstein

Comment

Hello! I'm Taneli from Finland.
                    I have 37' Samsung LCD TV (2009). I have wrestled with it now for a year.
                    I've got some help from here already.
                    I hope you guys can help, so I could watch someday the TV without any problems!
                    Thanks already!

Comment

Hello everyone! I love to try and fix my problems be it mechanical, electrical, or mental. I am an Aircraft Mechanic turned Plumber, currently training coordinator at our Local. teaching some basic electrical troubleshooting as it pertains to plumbing (pump controls, water heaters, tools, equipment.. etc..) I look forward to receiving and contributing to the forum.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Mike.

I live in the UK and run my own Limo service with my wife Liz.

We own a Panasonic TX-P42S30B which I believe is a UK VERSION of your TC-P42S30B.

It's a 2011 model which we bought in early 2012 and the other day it stopped working and started giving us 6 blinks.

I started googling and the best thread I found was on your forum so here I am.

Comment

Greetings,

I'll go by the monicker Physics Lab Tech for now. As the name says i'm a lab technician. More specifically a lab tech for a college physics department. My electronics skills are limited and low, though thats not to say that i'm unable to follow a basic circuit diagram. I'll probably only visit when iv'e got a technical issue, but we'll see. Look forward to the dialog.

Cheers

Comment

My name is ron,from middle america and I need some real info on these led tvs.I thank you much for the help I know I'll get here and hope to maybe help one or two of you.

Comment

hi i'm vic from south africa ,not a forum junkie yet ,been in electronic repairs since 1980, and still looking for more shortcuts.wasting a lot of time fixing non fixable or at least try to,so thanks for great battlers who ask first before they attempt...it build my knowledge as well....

Comment

hi all. im leigh from uk. im just getting into tv repairs so thought i would join this group,

Comment

I'm Johnny. 44 yrs old, Dickson Tennessee Location.
                                  I'm here to hopefully get some help repairing a 43 inch
                                  tv that was given to me. I really really want to get this fixed so I can give it to my Mommy for Mother's day. (She is a cancer patient)

Anyways,

Thank you.

Comment

Hello guys!!!!!

I am here to learn stuff!!!

Comment

Hey all.

I'm big into 5 spanning areas of interest
                                      Software-Computers-Electronics-Robotics-Mechanics

As you can see, electronics is kind of at the center of all of my interests.

I fix TV's for people, and sometimes I need more help than is already on the internet. That is why I have come here.

Comment

I.

Comment

Hey all. I am called Woodworker because I am retired and now spend any time I can out in my wood shop. I worked for the department of corrections as a Lieutenant for 20 yrs and was severely injured, broken neck, during a "scuffle" with several inmates. Due to the injury and several surgeries that followed, they said that I was a high risk for re-injury and could no longer work for the department. Also, because of the permanent restrictions and the loss of approx. 80% of head movement, I am not retired collection full disability and social security. I am only 55, so yea, it sucks !!! But I do love spending my time in the shop and playing with my grand daughter.

Comment

Working...
                                          X