Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-40LE810UN question

Thank you.
    So, there is an error stored on the EEPROM and that error doesn't let the TV to turn on?
    Why that error came up in the first place, what caused it?
    I see on the net that these chips can be cleared with a paper clip, what is your thoughts about that? Between pin 3 and 6.

Comment

Don't do shorting pins .Can you desolder that chip .Power up with removed eeprom chip.Tell what is the blinking code.What i think after a few unsuccess power ups (errors ) , firmware write code in this chip to prevent from further power on(may be for safety )

Comment

Ok, I have removed it and it's the same code.

Comment

Ok don't put it back .Check this .According to service manual:
          Power PWB failure Flashes 2 times (twice slow) after that
          Flashes 1 times Power supply error 1 (*2) AC_DET error
          Flashes 2 times Power supply error 2 (*2) UR+13V error
          Flashes 3 times Power supply error 3 (*2) D3.3V error
          Flashes 5 times Panel power supply error

PANEL_POW Panel 12V failure Flashes fast 5 times
          DET_PNL12V(35pin) failure (L). Panel power is not applied.
          Detection is started after turning on the panel power and
          receiving command; the power is turned off by polling.
          Last edited by olegi; 10-07-2012, 07:46 AM.

Comment

I think that the easiest for me it would be to just purchase a new one. The question is which one, on Digikey there are a lot of choices.

Comment

Basically this error means (with cleared , removed eeprom)if you are sure that your power supply board is OK ,you have burn led diode in backlight.I check from your post #1 ,there is burnt capacitor in red circle.Can you confirm?
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't have backlight. I have purchased a power suppliy from partstore.com and it showed the same error code with it. I have to check on the capacitor, I haven't noticed it.

Comment

We went over that - it's a surge protection device, not a problem or the fuse would blow.

Interesting if an LED in the backlight is dead. Should be easy enough to replace it or disable it (barely noticeable) - but it seems to be a common fault, seen a few sets like that here with dodgy backlight connections or open LEDs.

Just want to get my hands on one .
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    We went over that - it's a surge protection device, not a problem or the fuse would blow.

Interesting if an LED in the backlight is dead. Should be easy enough to replace it or disable it (barely noticeable) - but it seems to be a common fault, seen a few sets like that here with dodgy backlight connections or open LEDs.

Just want to get my hands on one .
                    I use the same picture from post 1 and i was refering for second circle bottom .You are right ,it is like open LEDs(backlight)
                    Last edited by olegi; 10-07-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                      I don't have backlight. I have purchased a power suppliy from partstore.com and it showed the same error code with it. I have to check on the capacitor, I haven't noticed it.
                      Your backlight is made from LEDs. In this case check for open LEDs on backlight.Do not buy new eeprom for now(you have to remove the error )

Comment

I have never repaired an LED TV which required work on the backlight. How do I know which one is bad?

Comment

This power should have 2 pair of LEDs divided in 2 section total 4 wires .Can you check with voltmeter what you have on connector LED_DRV1+ and - as well LED_DRV2 + and -.You have to attach voltmeter before you power the tv,then power up and see what is the reading from each pin. Post results.

Comment

Thank you for helping me.
                            It's to late now, I will measure it tomorrow.
                            I was wondering about this startup on LED TVs, they don't have the 2 sec to black. as LCD TVs with CCFl tubes?

Comment

This Tv, when you press power on button it is dark ~ 5sec then lit up.

Comment

I read this guide 2 seconds to black
                                (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419) and your tv it is bit differant

Comment

I have measured the LED voltage, early before I left to work and measured from the secondary ground and I'm getting on all the pins 0.0019V.
                                  From primary ground I'm getting 28.6-28.8V.
                                  But I think that I have to measure from the secondary.
                                  I have tried even without the LEDs and I'm getting the same voltage.
                                  When I will be home, I will try with the replacement board, to see if I'm getting the same voltage.
                                  I guess these voltages should be DC voltages, since the LEDs are diodes.

Comment

Ok. All cables has to be attached (specially those for LEDs led_drv1 and led_drv2) Power up tv,wait ~ 10 sec. Voltmeter has to be attached (neg to ground) ,with positive probe you have to check each pin on LED_DRV (1 an2 , +and -).DC voltage should be ~ +95v -95v depend of different factors .If you have ~0v,then you have to manually turn ON backlight inverter .By looking on yours particular board optocoupler PC 7702,turn backlight On.You have to short with INSULATED scrwdriver ,PRIMARY side of optocoupler as is shown on the picture (don`t short any of the other optocouplers,do not mesure primary side circuit HI VOLTAGE HIGN FREQ),then measure readings.Post result.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by olegi; 10-08-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I have measured the voltages and there is not much change. On the upper connector I had +0.009V on both pins and on the bottom connector I had -0.009V on both connectors.
                                      I have tried the replacement board also, and it measured exactly the same.
                                      When I shorted the opto, the bulb on the short tester outlet lit up and since then I don't have any voltages and no LED light on the front of the TV.
                                      The only voltage that I have is the 170V on the main caps.

Comment

That opto may be for the voltage regulator feedback, need to find out if that is the correct opto. Need to find the diagram for this board.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I couldn't find the diagram. The SM from elektrotanya doesn't show the power supply.
                                          Now I have bigger issues, I have to find the bad component.

Bud, could you please look at the Samsung 2333 please?

Comment

Working...
                                          X