No announcement yet.

Sony KDL-46Z4100 another TCON problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-46Z4100 another TCON problem?

I have a FDL-46z4100 I have no standby lite but it turn on with line and ghosts front any help

Comment

Thread hasn't been updated for awhile, time to bring back from the dead

I'm also having trouble with the same tv, KDL-46Z4100. My TV looks exactly like the OP had on their set. I ordered a "used" TCON board from an ebay seller, but there was no change in the picture.

I haven't tested any voltages/resistances, but my standby/power light would not blink either when I turn on/off the tv. What's the likelyhood that I need to try another TCON board?

Thanks in advance!
      Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried the usual one ribbon connection at a time on LCD panel?
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I tried loosening the ribbon cable plugged into the TCON board, there was no change. Picture went black when I removed the cable completely.

Reset the two small ribbon cables at the top, no difference made.

Comment

The flat white ribbons? There should be two of them. Try one at a time. These are the ones that go from the tcon into the LCD panel itself.
            Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Good morning from Greece i have a KV46-EX1 with the same problems(vertical lines)it is seems to be a bad panel but i have done a little experiment.1. i connect the ribbon cables and i saw to big vertical lines on screen right and left 2. i disconnect the ribbon cables and i saw nothing on screen(logical) 3. i connect the left ribbon cable and form the side of the disconnected cable i saw nothing but from the other side i saw a big vertical line. 4. finally i connect the left cable and i disconnected the right.I noticed that i have on the right side white screen with lines and from the left side a big vertical line .maybe is the t-con board and not the panel.... the board is the A1567986A Any help or advise could be usefull Thanks for your answer!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X