Hisense TV 32D33 - Replaced EEPROM, now menus have no text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense TV 32D33 - Replaced EEPROM, now menus have no text

The TV initially had a steady (not flashing) red standby light but did not turn on when power button was pressed. I tried all the usual “fixes” but nothing worked. TV would not turn on. After researching the issue, I concluded the cause was a bad EEPROM chip. I ordered the appropriate chip from ShopJimmy:

https://www.shopjimmy.com/hisense-32...hoCOcUQAvD_BwE

I took off the old chip using my hot air station and soldered on the new chip. I tested and made sure all the legs have continuity to the pads. When I turned on the TV, the screen lit up and seemed to be fine. However, all of the menus are missing the text. I can navigate the menus but the menu choices are invisible.

What could be wrong and how can I fix this? Did ShopJimmy send me the wrong EEPROM?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NYKing; 10-07-2021, 05:10 PM.

Re: Hisense TV 32D33 - Replaced EEPROM, now menus have no text

Did you program the new EEPROM before putting it in?

Comment

Originally posted by ikmpch View Post
      Did you program the new EEPROM before putting it in?
      I did not…how do you do that? I had no idea programming was required!

Comment

The eeprom from shopjimmy should have come pre-programmed. See if there is a way to do a master reset on the tv or from the service menu

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          The eeprom from shopjimmy should have come pre-programmed. See if there is a way to do a master reset on the tv or from the service menu
          Got it! It's going be difficult to navigate blind but if I can get the appropriate screenshots from a service manual, I think I can manage. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X