ME Firmware Cleaning Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ME Firmware Cleaning Guide

Does anyone know if the BIOS updates provided by HP Support come already clean?

Comment

Originally posted by paulo66 View Post
      Does anyone know if the BIOS updates provided by HP Support come already clean?
      If its a full bios yes (the same size as your bios backup from the chip), if its only a partial bios update no .
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        If its a full bios yes (the same size as your bios backup from the chip), if its only a partial bios update no .
        Thanks.

I already flashed the BIOS (same version as before) as provided by HP, but my laptop still boots randomly and occasionally turns off. The sp96831.exe contains 4 .bin and 4 .s12 files. I have no idea why, nor if the HP flasher chooses the suitable version automatically.

I tried some of the files in the original post, but I don´t really know what I´m doing...

Comment

Thanks.

I already flashed the BIOS (same version as before) as provided by HP, but my laptop still boots randomly and occasionally turns off. The sp96831.exe contains 4 .bin and 4 .s12 files. I have no idea why, nor if the HP flasher chooses the suitable version automatically.

I tried some of the files in the original post, but I don´t really know what I´m doing...
          The hp flasher does choose the suitable version. The updater includes the full bios or update for multiple laptops not just your model. Start a new thread in the bios requests section and post your original bios backup,if you made one.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

The original chip was bad, so no backup. I then burned a new one though can't remember where I got the file. The issue persists, but it´s good to know that updating the BIOS using the HP utility rules out the ME region as a probable cause. I'll have to look elsewhere.

Comment

The original chip was bad, so no backup. I then burned a new one though can't remember where I got the file. The issue persists, but it´s good to know that updating the BIOS using the HP utility rules out the ME region as a probable cause. I'll have to look elsewhere.
              Start a new thread in the bios requests section and post your full laptop model number and serial

Comment

Nah, I´ve just tried pressing the power button for 15 seconds and the unit has come to life everytime. So far.
                It's funny how the tube is so infested with 'tutorials' that only offer this solution, you don´t want to know about it anymore. But hey it´s working.
                Thanks for taking the time to reply

Comment

Thanks brother for all this useful informations

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks bro.
                    Got a corrupted me fixed with this guide.

Comment

good days guys i just wanna find out why is it that when i clean me region on 8th gen dell it end up not seeing the HDD please if anyone can help

Comment

Originally posted by lavie View Post
                        good days guys i just wanna find out why is it that when i clean me region on 8th gen dell it end up not seeing the HDD please if anyone can help
                        Maybe youve got some settings wrong,its a good idea to start with a new folder for every bios that you work on, copy the bios and FIT into the folder.If you keep using the same folder then you must clear the log files and only leave FIT.exe and vsscom ,don`t leave any xml files.
                        When you use FIT and open the bios it will pick up the current configuration, such as boot guard settings,OEM key etc.

Comment

The win-raid forums are closing at the end of this year,its a sad time for all who have used the site to gain knowledge from some of the really talented members there.
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have Flash Image Tool ver 10.0.30.1054, as win-raid available 10.0.60.3000 build wrong size of ME region for my Dell bios?

Comment

The win-raid forums are closing at the end of this year,its a sad time for all who have used the site to gain knowledge from some of the really talented members there.

Actually they wont
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbvndonh View Post
                                Actually they wont
                                Yes i know that now,but at the time of the announcement it appeared that way. @plutomaniac ,the owner of the site and the author of the ME cleaning guide said that the announcement was poorly worded. I`m happy they`re still around

Comment

Originally posted by rbvndonh View Post
                                  Does anyone have Flash Image Tool ver 10.0.30.1054, as win-raid available 10.0.60.3000 build wrong size of ME region for my Dell bios?
                                  It doesn`t matter which FIT version 10 you use,what does is the firmware you give it. There is corporate and consumer,check your bios backup using MEAnalyzer it will tell you which one you have.

Comment

I think the wording on Win-Raid was due they are tired after so many years of help with not much return knowledge. Nice they found someone who could continue great job there.

I have problem with my bios i described here in post #10
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70264
                                    ME don't show it, but im sure this is corporate version (business laptop with Win 8 pro for government district) 5mb, but final size after FIT showed in ME analyzer is unproper, even i change 1vs1 ME prd_rgn (found exactyle same numbers in repository).
                                    The idea was to try older FIT and check what will happen. Laptop works on bios from same working unit, but with 15s delay, as typical for ME.

I read that US Army made big order for PC's but completely without Me region. This would be interesting how they switched it of completelly..

Comment

Whats is difference between stock and extracted? Will stock ME work on BIOS that contains extracted?

Comment

Originally posted by dspok View Post
                                        Whats is difference between stock and extracted? Will stock ME work on BIOS that contains extracted?
                                        The answer is in the winraid guide: A. About Engine Regions & Configuration

PRD_RGN is stock FW .Its recommended to always use PRD_RGN ,even if you can`t find an exact version,if there`s one thats a little bit older or a bit newer ,and has the same major and minor version its ok.

Comment

My problem was solved. Actually FIT version really doesn't matter.
                                          I thought that FIT will check only 8MB bios, but actually 4MB part of EC rom was missing, so it did some stupid things inside bios instead of repair it..
                                          Thanks for hint.

Comment

Working...
                                          X