• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

post your locked bin

Comment

I have Elitebook 850 G6 with 32 MB chip read , but the unlocker says Wrong Chip.
      Is it supposed the password to be stored here on this W25Q256JVEN or on another chip?

Please can somebody help me ?
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Seems the readout was not done properly without desoldering the chip, anyway I would like to know how to proceed with 32MB when I desolder and read it ...

Comment

So if it says wrong chip, try another chip. 16MB is the one you need.

But it's always good to make backup of the 32MB chip just in case.

Comment

I don't find any other relevant chip, maybe I am blind, or it is located on the other side of the board?

I desoldered the chip now and the contents of the readout is exactly the same like attached

Comment

This is the 16 MB chip winbond on the other side of the board

Unlocked this one with your unlocker, but only the Fingerprint is gone, but still asks for administrator password?

Comment

Your 32MB file seems broken to me. I am not sure why your password was not removed but maybe you are still having issues with your programmer.

Comment

Interesting fact that I see here is that my backup is totally encrypted and I couldn't find anything inside written HP Elitebook, or the serial number of the laptop - which otherwise I am finding on many backups that others posted here and on other forums. Maybe it had the latest version of BIOS which is now totally encrypted? I am surprised...

Comment

Bought somewhere the service and he has sent me a patch from my backup and also some infos to fill after flashing that patch. If it can be useful for developing a solution I upload here that patch, but the infos he gave me the serial of the laptop he has found exact serial , as I said I was not able to decipher my serial as it seems to be encrypted?

Comment

Thank you very much for this great tool !

Comment

Hi All, I've taken a copy of the 16mb and 32mb chips, run the 16 through the rc tool and flashed back but am getting the flashing caps lock issue that others seem to be having. I've attached both bins for reference. Anything else I can try myself? Many thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by BadBaps View Post
                          Hi All, I've taken a copy of the 16mb and 32mb chips, run the 16 through the rc tool and flashed back but am getting the flashing caps lock issue that others seem to be having. I've attached both bins for reference. Anything else I can try myself? Many thanks in advance!
                          Sorry forgot to add this if for a HP 840 G7

Comment

how to view the info for a 32mb bios bin? like the one I attached..

Comment

Need clear password bios hp x3660 1040 g6
                              bios 32mb
                              ec 16mb

Comment

Originally posted by MAZMAZ22 View Post
                                Need clear password bios hp x3660 1040 g6
                                bios 32mb
                                ec 16mb
                                >
                                Attached Files
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hello friends I would like to know how to dump the bios without desoldering winbond 25Q256jvEQ
                                  Sorry for my English I use Google translation
                                  HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by mentosmec; 10-11-2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

worked fine with hp 840 g6 . just drag the 16mb not the 32mb
                                    thank you for thin great software

Comment

Hello brother, i tried HpUnlocker, the old version for Hp elitebook x360 1030 G3 but it didnt work, can you help me, do this Rcunlocker work?

Comment

Originally posted by mentosmec View Post
                                        Hello friends I would like to know how to dump the bios without desoldering winbond 25Q256jvEQ
                                        Sorry for my English I use Google translation
                                        HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC
                                        You need to dump 25Q128JVPQ chip only. Buy hot air station and WSON8 adapter to do the job as it should be done. Or use tiny wires and solder them to the eight square contact surfaces around the chip. Again use tiny wires, because otherwise you will tear down the contact surfaces off the motherboard pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by akam View Post
                                          Hello brother, i tried HpUnlocker, the old version for Hp elitebook x360 1030 G3 but it didnt work, can you help me, do this Rcunlocker work?
                                          Why don't you just try it to find out for your self? Of course it's working.

Comment

Working...
                                          X