HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3, Password Unlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3, Password Unlock

Hi all. I have a 1040 G3 with both power on and BIOS Admin password. Is it possible to remove both? Thank you to anyone who can help.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mx7Nine View Post
      Hi all. I have a 1040 G3 with both power on and BIOS Admin password. Is it possible to remove both? Thank you to anyone who can help.
      Try and give feedback
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the amazingly quick response. I have just tried the new file. It has removed the power-on password but the BIOS Admin password is still there.
        Please let me know if it was something I have done wrong of if you need the bin file for the other chip.

Comment

Replace the whole UserCred section with a clean UserCred section.

Comment

Thanks to both of you. I made the same changes to the admin pass section as was made to the power-on and now I'm in.

Is there anywhere to learn how to do this for different makes/models? It would be nice to be able to help out others with this sort of thing.

Comment

When you get access, restore security settings to default aswell. This clears everything that might still be there.

Comment

Help Guys >> 1040 G3 Touch, Pass locked
                Attached Files

Comment

Is it me or your file(s) seem broken. Try reading again.
                  Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 11-27-2020, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                    Is it me or your file(s) seem broken. Try reading again.
                    sorry, this one.
                    Attached Files

Comment

try
                      Attached Files

Comment

omg, this work, thank you

Comment

Please send me some instructions on how to do this as I have the same machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mx7Nine View Post
                            Hi, I have the same HP 1040 G3 and the same problem as yours had. What is this .rar file that you sent to the guys that helped you. Please explain? I had a look at the motherboard and saw some numbers similar to what you posted. Can't remember where I saved this info but can look again.

Comment

Re: Hp elitebook 1040 g3 bios password

Hi I also have a 1040 G3 that is password locked. how do you generate these dump files that you sent to the forum please?

Comment

Originally posted by barryv4 View Post
                                Hi I also have a 1040 G3 that is password locked. how do you generate these dump files that you sent to the forum please?
                                You need an SPI programmer ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Good morning all.

I bought a cheap HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G3 from a brooker.
                                  It works perfectly but the bios is locked and I cannot boot from an external medium (USB key for example) to put everything back OK as new.
                                  How to do?
                                  I read that it is necessary to extract a Bios file from a circuit. But which one? I figured it was in U23 but where is U23 on the motherboard.
                                  Without diagram or implantation of components, not easy.
                                  Does anyone have this card implantation so that I can remove this circuit. In all the discussions that I have read, I cannot find the reference of the chip.
                                  What is his little name.
                                  I specify that I am sufficiently experienced to desolder this component (SO8 I suppose) and I have the equipment either at home or at my work for the welding operations.
                                  I will buy a programmer if necessary (EZP2019). For the software, you can advise me.

Is it possible to extract the bios without desoldering the components. Using special pliers.

Post a bit long for a start but at least everything is settled.

Thank you all for your answers and tips.
                                  Regards,
                                  Didier from France.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-17-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                                    I also have a HP Elitebook 1040 G3 with a password lock on the BIOS. I have tried the HP tool from the forum but with no success, if anyone can help with the attached, I would appreciate it massively.

Kind regards
                                    Dan
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I realised I should have read both chips.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Db24448 View Post
                                        I realised I should have read both chips.
                                        upload this, along with the original 8MB of the laptop ...
                                        Attached Files
                                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I've replaced the Usercred section with a clean one. This should work.

Edit: peste beat me to it.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Mx7Nine; 03-10-2021, 01:58 PM. Reason: Beaten to it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X