Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP zbook 15 G2 bios locked (password)

Hi, I am new here and I need some help. Be patience

I have 5/6 zbook 15 g2 that I bought by a stock but I didn't know that those nb had password on bios.

I read that in this forum there are people (Magicians on my eyes) that know how to unlock it easly.

Is here any of you who could explain to me what I have to do specifically?
    I know that you need my "bios dump", right?
    I read a guide from the HP website,where I should press Win+B(or V) and hold power for 3 seconds and some screen should appear. Tomorrow I will try to do some key combination as a test.

If it's not too much trouble I need a step by step guide that explain how to do the "bios backup" that I will upload here

Sorry for the inconvenience

Re: HP zbook 15 G2 bios locked (password)

You need an SPI programmer like Ch341A or minipro. Then physically remove bios chip, attach to programmer and make a bios dump.

If you don't feel like you are able to do that, try to find somebody who can.

No use in trying any key combinations.

Comment

Oh! I understand. Thank you for the reply, I'll try to find this Ch341A or minipro or someone that know how to use it. May I update this post later for the news or I need to do a new one?

Really, thank you for your patience

Comment

Just checked that model. You need a soic 8 clip aswell. Then maybe you don't even need to desolder the chip.

Bios chip is right under bottom cover.

Just reply in this topic if you have any more questions about the process.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
          Just checked that model. You need a soic 8 clip aswell. Then maybe you don't even need to desolder the chip.

Bios chip is right under bottom cover.

Just reply in this topic if you have any more questions about the process.
          Ok, It should be the one near the RAM slot, I think.
          I'll looking for the programmer then I will give you news on this topic.
          Thank's for the moment

Comment

I finally did it.
            Here the .bin file and a .txt with infos (if necessary)

Really, thank's a lot for the patience and the help Soon I'll upload the others locked bios by the other 4 zbook with the lock
            Attached Files

Comment

Now follow this first post: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79956

Ignore the mazzif part, this wont work on your model.

Comment

Now follow this first post: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79956

Ignore the mazzif part, this wont work on your model.
                sorry for the long wait. but for work reasons I had to pause the unlocking of the famous 5 zbooks that I own. Today I tried to save the bios, I used the tool to create the _unlocked file, but it gives me an error just before the writing phase. (I will attach photos to make my situation clearer)

These are the steps I do, then tell me if I do everything correctly.
                1. I assembled the ch341a and connected the clamp on the bios chip. (1-2-3-4)
                2. I used ubuntu to recognize the programmer and chip model. (5)
                3. I used windows to read the bios and save it. (6)
                4. Then I should have used HPunlocker to generate the bios_unlocked file, but for commitments I had to leave the operation on hold.
                5. when I went home, I placed the clamp on the chip again, reread the chip with this result (7)

I tried again and again to reposition the caliper but the chip was no longer read in any way, neither in ubuntu. what will i have done wrong?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bugmenot90; 01-26-2020, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Check the connection between the wires and the soic clip with the multimeter, the wires are very thin and it's possible some of the wires to be unsoldered from the clip end. I found two in mine clip unsoldered after a not so much use - it's just a cheap crappy clip.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.​
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Did you remove battery and connect charger to laptop while programming?

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                      Check the connection between the wires and the soic clip with the multimeter, the wires are very thin and it's possible some of the wires to be unsoldered from the clip end. I found two in mine clip unsoldered after a not so much use - it's just a cheap crappy clip.
                      I had considered buying backup clips, I think I'll try again when they arrive

Comment

Did you remove battery and connect charger to laptop while programming?
                        no, actually I worked without battery and power charge. can it be due to that?

Comment

yes, HP needs charger connected. And I usually disconnect battery.

Either just connect charger and then clip or..
                          connect charger, turn on laptop, turn off laptop and then connect clip.

It depends on your programmer which one works.

Comment

yes, HP needs charger connected. And I usually disconnect battery.

Either just connect charger and then clip or..
                            connect charger, turn on laptop, turn off laptop and then connect clip.

It depends on your programmer which one works.
                            I will try this method too and I will let you know if It works
                            Thanks for your Unlimited patience

Comment

Hello together,
                              I followed the post for reading out the bios (bought the same programmer with clip). I tried it by reading out using flashrom on linux. I also used the method with disconnected battery and plugging in power before reading (that was the only chance to read something at all).

The problem is, that I was not able to read the same binary twice. So I'm not convinced to have the correct data.
                              Could there be something I missed?

Thanks for your answers!
                              Matthias
                              Last edited by hopey; 04-21-2020, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hopey View Post
                                Hello together,
                                I followed the post for reading out the bios (bought the same programmer with clip). I tried it by reading out using flashrom on linux. I also used the method with disconnected battery and plugging in power before reading (that was the only chance to read something at all).

The problem is, that I was not able to read the same binary twice. So I'm not convinced to have the correct data.

Thanks for your answers!
                                Matthias
                                Desoldered the bios .Those clips are crap ,use a SPI bios programmer,such as a CH341A, with a sop8 clip, to make a backup of your bios chip

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot90 View Post
                                  I finally did it.
                                  Here the .bin file and a .txt with infos (if necessary)

Really, thank's a lot for the patience and the help Soon I'll upload the others locked bios by the other 4 zbook with the lock
                                  How i can open .bin file ???

Comment

Originally posted by karthikdme88 View Post
                                    How i can open .bin file ???
                                    use the HxD program
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by hopey View Post
                                      Hello together,

Thanks for your answers!
                                      Matthias
                                      Hello. Just dont use clip, its not 100% working method. The best way for me, that I would recommend you, is just solder chip to programmer module. Second (even best) way, is put chip in adapter, like socket. Than you dont need solder anything, just puted chip into SOIC socket adapter, checked if springs of adapter touched chip legs and that's all.

Comment

HP zbook 15 g2 password

Hello! pleace help to unlock bios password
                                        HP zbook 15 g2 password
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X