Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Motherboards with Bad Capacitors > Other Devices with Bad Capacitors
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2019, 10:43 PM   #81
bluto
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Illinois
Default Re: Whirlpool Refrigerator LED lights flickering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshoe View Post
learned about 6 years ago - NEVER buy a Maytag / Whirlpool / Roper (or GE) appliance again. I'm sticking to it.
Given that Whirlpool is the General Motors of the appliance world, what else do you buy then? Before this debacle I have always thought their stuff was decent and they have good parts availability. What else is there, Frigidaire/Electrolux? And don't say Samsung or LG, those appliance brands are special in their own way. Especially all of the pile of plastic front load washers that they put out that are absolute garbage.
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:04 PM   #82
redwire
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Alberta
My Country: Canada

It's really only mega company Whirlpool making many different models, in North America and the UK.

The only alternative is Korean or chinese brands, Samsung, LG, Daewoo. They lost the anti-dumping lawsuit and tariffs were applied. Not that these asian brands are any better than Whirlpool.
I would never buy LG because service manuals are not out there. Samsung fridge compressor is hilariously complicated to save a few percent on energy and of course the springs breaks and total distruction.

Usually Whirlpool parts are reasonably priced, they are made by another mega company Illinois Tool Company.
It's just terrible to bungle a fridge LED light design and leave customers paying $50 for parts and $$$ for a repair callout.
redwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:36 PM   #83
ron350
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: AL
My Country: USA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker

I listed the wrong part # (WPW10615058).
That was supposed to be #WPW10515058 and I still cant find any replacements cheaper than $99.

Last edited by ron350; 12-29-2019 at 11:38 PM..
ron350 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:37 PM   #84
dmiles

City & State: Warner Robins
My Country: United States
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker

I actually don't have a crisper light in my model. Just a top refrigerator light, and a freezer light. So, 120v comes into the board inside the refrigerator light, then the wires from the other plug on the board take 3.5 volts to the freezer light. So it was a piece of cake to rewire mine, and the wife likes it better than the original light. So I'm good to go.

Also, there may be some confusion about the boards themselves, and the cost. The board in the top refrigerator light (W10515058) has all the components to supply the 3.5 volts, and is available on Amazon for $107. The other board, for the freezer light, and I assume the crisper light if you have one, (W10515057) has almost no components on it except for the LEDs, and is on Amazon for $50.

I'm happy with the outcome of the mod I did, and thanks again everyone for the information!
dmiles is offline   Reply With Quote