Minka-Aire Concept II Ceiling Fan Received / Power Supply Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minka-Aire Concept II Ceiling Fan Received / Power Supply Troubleshooting

Hi, I have a Minka-Aire Concept II ceiling fan and the other day the light stopped working...but the fan till worked. I measured the voltage at the light socket and it was 9.5v. I took the fan down and bypassed the receiver with 120v and the light worked fine so I knew it was the receiver / power supply. The blue wire is the output for the light and when measured on the board I got 9.5v as well. Minka-Aire of course recommended I buy a new receiver so I did and its working fine now but I would really like to know if I could have troubleshot this device and found the defective part and fixed it. Here is a picture of the insides. Any recommendations on what I could test to find the bad component?

Thanks, Andy

Re: Minka-Aire Concept II Ceiling Fan Received / Power Supply Troubleshooting

is it a dimmer or just switching the lamps?
    and does it have parts on the other side of the board?

Comment

It is a dimmer as well and the other side of the board looks like this. Before I replaced it I put in an LED bulb and the remote switch worked so I could power the light off and when powered on (with only 9.5v) I got a very dim light...

Comment

Whoops, double post
        Last edited by Gorpis; 03-22-2020, 11:43 AM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Working...
        X