X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portégé R30 amny strange issues

hello
    i need some advice for a porte r30
    initially the laptop drop with cable plugin, the laptop shutdown and the cable broke
    the owner try to replug it broken and pc never came back

so i disassembled it, some caps where disconnected (strange as they are solder on this one : not directly on board but on some plate which they are solder on board)

no damage at connector

the laptop power on with cable. works but fan spinning fast with only 48° on CPU/gpu
    after power off , it doesn't start again. need disconnect the rtc battery , and then it can power on once again.

it doesn't start on battery, but if i start it with cable plug, i can unplug the charger and the laptop works fine with fan spinning fast

when i start it with rtc battery it says : rtc low, but when i test it it gives me 2.6V (it is a 2/15RH battery normally at 2.4V)

don't understand what can cause all this issues :
    -start only plug but charge correctly the battery
    -start once a time, need reset bios to restart
    -rtc battery detected low but test ok

have you an idea ?
    thanks

Re: Portégé R30 amny strange issues

hello

more informations
    i send a picture to explain;
    when i plug the charger i have 18V on green points, 18V on red point and 3.3v on yellow
    when i plug the battery ; i have 11V on green points, 0,4V on red one, and 0V on yellow

and i have not the 3.3V on power button with only battery plug.

so i think that i have an issue activating 3.3V and maintain main rail on battery. the battery delivers 10,8 normally and it is fully charged. after start the laptop with charger i can unplug it and the laptop continue working on battery.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Portégé R30 amny strange issues

up

Comment

Working...
      X