HP Probook 650 G2 won't turn on after bios chip replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Probook 650 G2 won't turn on after bios chip replacement

What do you mean by : with which the laptop "runs". !

Comment

What I mean by that. When I flash this biosfile, the laptop starts up again. I also had other bios files with which the laptop did not start up. With the "bad" dumps, only the fans turned up after a while.

I once attached a dump of a completely identical device. Is from the same batch
      Attached Files

Comment

So the lap start..but not getting windows and still got the password !

Comment

The laptop does not start up with the other dumps, i.e. the monitor remains black and only the fan turns up. I just flashed the dump of the identical model and now nothing works.

Comment

Try this..
            Attached Files

Comment

What do I have to enter for Feature Byte and Build ID? I have entered all other values, only with the two I am not sure what needs to be put in here. Or can I enter any values here?

For the file the notebook starts up and is in programming mode.

Comment

Originally posted by BADJACK80 View Post
                What do I have to enter for Feature Byte and Build ID? I have entered all other values, only with the two I am not sure what needs to be put in here. Or can I enter any values here?

For the file the notebook starts up and is in programming mode.
                You can find the build ID and featurebyte here: http://pro-psurf-web-glb.austin.hp.com/search.aspx
                Enter your serial number and country.

Your featurebyte should also be on a sticker somewhere

3Q3X47676J6Z6b7H7M7Q7W7s9AaBaEapaqawbhdQdUeh.Tm
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I find only this Info on Partsurfer
                  Attached Files

Comment

Click on Advanced(Unique Product S/N)
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-09-2020, 11:35 AM.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks for the information. I have entered all the data. Now this message comes
                      Attached Files

Comment

See post #155: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=52848&page=8
                        You can try that,or clean the ME firmware to make that error go away.Which bios did you use,its always a good idea to use one that has clean ME firmware.
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-09-2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Which bios did you use !

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                            Try this..

Your Bios

Comment

clean one
                              Attached Files

Comment

As youve already entered all the DMI info,i suggest you dump that bios again and post it here,then that bios can be cleaned with new ME firmware. @lapfix, PRD_RGN would be best.

Comment

Here is the dump with all entries
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BADJACK80 View Post
                                    Here is the dump with all entries
                                    ME analyser detect many errors !

Comment

Should I do another dump?

:::: EIDT :::::

NEW DUMP
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by BADJACK80; 04-09-2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Both your dumps are corrupt. I guess you`re using a clip and havnt desoldered the bios .
                                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-09-2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Yes i use a clip. I didn't unsolder the chip.

Is there no way to feed an original HP bios with the appropriate data and then flash the finished biosfile?

Comment

Working...
                                          X