Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba L50-B DABLIDMB8E0 REV. E no enciende - No turn on

Hello everyone!

The laptop was working perfectly, but after disassembling it to clean fan and change thermal paste, the laptop does not respond to power. 3V and 5V are present.

The laptop has a Quanta DABLIDMB8E0 REV board. E, of which there is no available scheme, or at least, I have not found it.

After consulting another website, other users had a problem with burned R391 and corrupted KBC NPCE985LA0DX. In my case, in the area of R391 the protective plastic was perforated from overheating. After checking the area, on one side of the resistance there is continuity with respect to ground and on the other side it is not. In KBC, on pin 4 (VDD), I also have continuity with respect to ground. After removing the KBC, pad 4 on the motherboard continues to short circuit to ground.

I have desoldered C222, C227 and C289 next to R391, and the short continues on pad 4. Only the short disappears when I lift R284 ...

Trying to delimit the area in short. I have found PL3 short with respect to mass and I have raised the components of the zone PC114, PR121, PL3 and PC108, to find out which side is the short circuit, which I indicate in the second photo.

On the opposite side of the motherboard, I have PU1 with the Q48Y 5318 screenprint. Can anyone tell me which one to look for the datasheet?

Any help please?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-18-2020, 04:18 PM.

Re: Toshiba L50-B DABLIDMB8E0 REV. E no enciende - No turn on

What's the resistance to ground on PL3?
    Did you try to inject 1V on PL3 and find a component that's heating up? (especially PCH die)
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Hello, thanks for the answer.
      The resistance in PL3 with respect to mass is 0 Ohm.
      I tried to inject 1V into the line but no component got hot

Comment

With PR121 soldered on motherboard, I have short circuit in D-C of Mosfet PQ22.
        When I lift PR121 the short circuit disappears in PL3 and in D of PQ22.
        With PR121 removed, S continues shorted to PQ22
        On PC114, on the side next to PQ22 I have 0 ohm, and on the other side next to PR121 I have 1 ohm

Comment

Hello zemog:

If the SMD capacitor PC144 has 0 ohm to GND on one end, and 1 ohm to GND in the other end, then this capacitor could be shorted. Please unsolder it and test both ends of the capacitor and measure the ohmios. Also test the both pads on board of the PC144.
          If the SMD capacitor off board meaure 1 ohm on both ends, then it is shorted. Else, measured both pads, on board, of PC144 and measured which pads have the short.

-- Francisco Rica --

Comment

Hello!
            Yesterday I received the new KBC that I had ordered and I have soldered it.
            I guess when you mention PC144, you really mean PC114, right?

I attach photos with the different measurements with respect to mass.

When PC114 is removed, the short stays on one side of PR121, just like R391 (Zone with overheat mark on the protective plastic of the motherboard)
            Attached Files

Comment

With R284 removed from the motherboard to isolate pin 4 of the KBC, can I inject 1V in that line, and if it does not heat any component, increase it to a maximum of 3v?

Comment

Can someone tell me the value of the resistance R391 and C289?
                What resistance with respect to mass is there at the indicated point of R391?
                If possible, what voltage should there be at that point?
                Attached Files

Comment

Expect a dead processor. (100%)
                  R391 0ohm small coil

Comment

Hola buenas noches,
                    Lo conseguiste reparar?
                    Saludos

hello, Did you get it repaired?
                    Cheers
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-18-2020, 04:17 PM. Reason: google translate

Comment

Hello Zemog
                      When dismounting the fan, you had to disconnect the speakers, when reassembling this connection it is very easy to get confused since there are two equal to me and I have the same problem,
                      The good speaker connection is the farthest from the speakers, the cable is tight around the fan.
                      If you could solve it I would appreciate information.
                      Thanks in advance and greetings to all.

Comment

It has not been repaired yet, since there is no schematic or boardview of this motherboard, it is very difficult. I do not know the values of the components, nor to which signal they respond

The problem has not been, and is not, in the connector confusion error.

Comment

Hello, in my case it was because of changing the connections, and the R139 burned too.
                          Finding the plate at a reasonable price is difficult too, we will have to search.
                          Well greetings and thanks for answering

Comment

sir, i have thoshipa satellite l50-b i3110 model(DABLIDMB8E0 REV E ) this is not proper turning on , when put the ac adapter its going to automatically ON BUT DISPLAY NOT COME, once press the power button laptop goes to OFF. but Again press the power button laptop not turning ON, then put adappter its automatically ON, THIS IS MY PROBLEM, HOW TO SOLVE PLEASE HELP ME
                            Last edited by sivagct86; 06-25-2020, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sivagct86 View Post
                              sir, i have thoshipa satellite l50-b i3110 model(DABLIDMB8E0 REV E ) this is not proper turning on , when put the ac adapter its going to automatically ON BUT DISPLAY NOT COME, once press the power button laptop goes to OFF. but Again press the power button laptop not turning ON, then put adappter its automatically ON, THIS IS MY PROBLEM, HOW TO SOLVE PLEASE HELP ME
                              if the motherboard is clean condition and there is no shot on any inductor output -then you can try with BIOS reprogramme!

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                                It has not been repaired yet, since there is no schematic or boardview of this motherboard, it is very difficult. I do not know the values of the components, nor to which signal they respond

The problem has not been, and is not, in the connector confusion error.
                                I have that board, the only thing that turns me on but it doesn't give me video but I can pass you information on the components
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-04-2020, 03:59 PM. Reason: translated

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                                  Hello everyone!

The laptop was working perfectly, but after disassembling it to clean fan and change thermal paste, the laptop does not respond to power. 3V and 5V are present.

The laptop has a Quanta DABLIDMB8E0 REV board. E, of which there is no available scheme, or at least, I have not found it.

After consulting another website, other users had a problem with burned R391 and corrupted KBC NPCE985LA0DX. In my case, in the area of R391 the protective plastic was perforated from overheating. After checking the area, on one side of the resistance there is continuity with respect to ground and on the other side it is not. In KBC, on pin 4 (VDD), I also have continuity with respect to ground. After removing the KBC, pad 4 on the motherboard continues to short circuit to ground.

I have desoldered C222, C227 and C289 next to R391, and the short continues on pad 4. Only the short disappears when I lift R284 ...

Trying to delimit the area in short. I have found PL3 short with respect to mass and I have raised the components of the zone PC114, PR121, PL3 and PC108, to find out which side is the short circuit, which I indicate in the second photo.

On the opposite side of the motherboard, I have PU1 with the Q48Y 5318 screenprint. Can anyone tell me which one to look for the datasheet?

Any help please?
                                  Hello, if r391 is in short-circuit position, unfortunately the pc has failed. To understand this, replace the elements you removed and apply a voltage between 0.8 - 1v over PL3. The pch part of the cpu will get hot. You can also understand this by checking the 8th pin vcc pin of the Bios eeprom for a short circuit. If there is a short circuit, the pc is faulty.

I also needed photos of this card, thank you for that. That's how I saw your message.

Comment

Working...
                                  X