Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative Mosfet

hi
    im trying to fiix a hp pavillion, ive found 2 shorted mosfets.Unfortunatly they have been discontinued, im trying to find an alternative but finding that most i have looked at have a lower maximum Continuous Drain Current (ta lower tc higher) would this be ok or not and wondered if anybody knew of a better alternative.im trying to replace AON6370
    best replacment found so far is NVMFS4C310N.On the datasheets what do i need to make sure match on the replacement mosfet?

thanks in advance for any info given

Re: Alternative Mosfet

Write board model number, attach schematics and point out which components you are talking about.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

the important parameters are:
      VDS and VGS which should be the same
      Rds (on) which should be equal to or less
      Id (continuos drain current) and Idm (pulsed ..) which can be greater but not less

This is the direct answer to the question, but as Piernov says, it should be understood why the mosfets burned, if there is a short somewhere ....
      Last edited by jasko_jacker; 04-07-2020, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately i can't find a schematic, i bought the laptop liquid damaged which was what im guessing caused the mosfet to blow, since the mosfets have been removed the shorts on the board have gone.Didn't want put an incompatible mosfet on and blow something else

Comment

MOSFET requirements are not the same depending on the circuit so that's why I asked what I asked.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thank you, @piernov for asking this question! I'm working on an ASUS board with the similar problem of a blown, discontinued MOSFET and trying to find a suitable replacement. Thanks @jasko_jasker for those parameters!

Comment

Working...
            X