Hitachi LE55U516 - Vertical lines - Not always present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitachi LE55U516 - Vertical lines - Not always present

*** Board Photos here : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=LE55U516 ****

TV Works fine, but there are thin vertical lines (not necessarily all the way from top to bottom - sometimes top to 1/3 or 2/3 of the screen) and these are not always there. They seem to come and go depending on the type of picture, colors,...

There is no firmware update for this model per the manufacturere.
    I did a full factory reset.
    When I got it, it had bad backlight (a couple of bad LEDs) - fixed these only to find the vertical lines. I Reseated ribbon cables, and no change.
    I always thougth vertical lines are panel issues. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by jason123; 04-08-2020, 01:27 PM.

Re: Hitachi LE55U516 - Vertical lines - Not always present

I had a tv not long ago that when I tightened up the frame around the panel it had to be just right, too tight or loose and would have thin red lines was tedious but got it right after some adjusting.

Comment

So this is a bit different I think.. flexing or moving the TV really has no effect. With or without cover, doesn't matter either.

Comment

Could this be a Tcon or Main board issue??

Comment

Maybe clean the ribbon cables and check for good clean connection of lvds from tcon to mainboad, sometimes just unplugging and re-plugging clears things up.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-10-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Try powering up one side of the screen at a time by disconnecting each ribbon cable, one at a time and see what you get on display.(always disconnect and reconnect cables with power cord unplugged to avoid any damage)

Comment

thanks.. No luck.. I still get these vertical pixels (can't really call them lines because they don't extend from top to bottom) now and then..

Comment

Make sure the connectors are aligned right, could be a bad lvds or tcon ribbon cable, maybe check the MLCC caps on the driver board for very low ohms. Could be a mainboard issue, weak/bad cap or something. The"tape cutoff" method might work.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-13-2020, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X