Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rosewill Glacier 600M (Awesome eBay score!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosewill Glacier 600M (Awesome eBay score!!!)

Here's a PSU I hunted off of eBay. $19 with free shipping. Was described "AS IS for parts ONLY!" He posted something like "I can see a wire just floating in there, that might be the issue." I figured HA, it's probably one of the AC wires..

Lo and behold....It was the Line wire floating in there. The end was very very short. All that happened was the solder broke and it came loose. It was obvious pretty quickly that this is an Andyson unit. Huh...Soldered it back in there and it turned on no problem. It still smells new. The date code on the PCB is 46th week of 2015. Funny thing is, the warranty sticker was broken. So they opened it and didn't want to solder one wire?

The only down side is it didn't come with the modular cables. That's okay, I have some lying around. I will just trace the paths on the back of the modular board to make sure that the cables I have would plug in to the correct rails. Here are some specs:

Good input filter with 4 Y caps, 3 X caps, 3 coils and a large MOV. There is no NTC! Bridge Rectifier is 15A on a heatsink. Super overkill. PFC boost circuit uses two Magna Chip MDP18N50B FETs rated at 18A and a 10A PFC diode (NXP BYC10-600) The switchers are also Magna Chip MDP18N50B. The PFC filter cap is a 390uF 450V Teapo LH.

Transformer is ERL 35 and 5VSB chip is a Sanken STR-A6069H-ND.

5V rail uses one TO-247 STPS4045CW
    3.3V rail uses one PFR30L45CT
    Single 12V rail uses four MBR30L60CT schottkys

Controller IC is a Sitronix ST9S429-PG14

Besides the startup cap being a Teapo SY, and a little Teapo SEK cap, the rest are all our beloved Teapo SC. There are only 14 caps besides the big one. Will be a easy job and then will be an awesome unit. I would trust it with some high loads There are three 2200uF caps on the 12V rail. I think three 2200uF KYB caps will suit the 12V rail pretty well. There is only one cap for filtering on the modular board and it is oddly for the 5V rail. If there is space, I will add one for the 12V rail.

Gotta keep an eye out on eBay, for $19 I feel pretty happy
    Attached Files

Re: Rosewill Glacier 600M (Awesome eBay score!!!)

Nice score P4!

Looks capable of 600W, definitely worth a recap, didn't know Rosewill sells Andyson units though all Rosewill PSUs I've owned were ATNG made not a single problem with any of them , that four schottkys in 12V are overkill for only 45A why would they do it? lower Vf perhaps? my Rosewill RG630-S12 uses only 2 X S30D60C.

Comment

Re: Rosewill Glacier 600M (Awesome eBay score!!!)

What a deal!

Comment

Working...
      X