Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to fix LCD samsung LE32A330J1 tv, half screen with red tint

Hello everyone,

I came here for help with a passion project I've been trying to do. I want to repair a not so new samsung LCD TV.

My journey began with this tv showing distorted colours, they just weren't right, so I did a lot of googling and voltage measuring, to find out that it was probably the doing of a faulty capacitor and the AS15-G chip on my tcon board.

After replacing the two parts with new ones I turn on the tv and half of it is working perfectly and the other half has a red tint and red lines, so continued googling brought me to try and clean the connectors from the tcon to the other parts of the tv, but it didnt help. Then I tried switching the cables places to see if it's the wires, nothing changed and I am out of ideas what to do for the time being.

I hope someone here can help me, some photos are attached if more are needed feel free to ask
    Attached Files

Re: Trying to fix LCD samsung tv, half screen with red tint

Originally posted by RedKazl View Post
    faulty capacitor and the AS15-G chip on my tcon board.
    which cap on T-CON ?? normally only AS15-G chip replacment enough.
    you got now new issue so the caps could not fault or the chip need to rework.

Comment

Can we get a close up of chip you replaced?
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Oh no a faulty capacitor was on a different part of the tv. I only replaced the chip on the tcon. Sorry that i did not make that clear.

Comment

This is the replacement chip, best photos I could manage with something this small
          Attached Files

Comment

Don't think it's a chip problem. I would examine all areas around where you worked for any missing damaged misaligned parts. And concentrate on the side that has the problem. Inspect all ribbon cable connections for damage on connector.

Comment

Wonder if they sent you a defective AS15 or it got damaged somehow. But I do like that color, I'll take a Porsche 911 in that color, no new crap, whaletail only.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-10-2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Yes a fine idea I thought of myself but could you please tell me how to do it? Or a link to some kind of video? From my understanding I should take the voltage of each cable of the ribbon cable while the tv is turned on? Or am I wrong? And what exacly would tell me that something is missaligned or damaged? No voltage?

Comment

what the hell over here... what had ribbon to do... before you replace the chip did you have this issue ??? if no then your chip one channel fault causees , all what you buy on aliexpress 80% are fault. COPY

( why people enjoy harmimg other by repairing... strange ) listen to nomoresonys he is right as my post #2

Comment

I am saying to unhook cables and look at contacts and make sure none of the contacts are bent or damaged on your connector going to the side with the defect.

Comment

Before replacement the issue was that the whole screen was solarized, after replacement only half the screen stayed solarized. I bought the chip on ebay from germany to specificly avoid this problem.

Comment

To be clear here. I have never seen a gamma chip cause half a screen to be polarized. But I learn something every day. I would say that it is most likely a problem that came from working on it. So I was suggesting you inspect everything closely. If you don't find anything else then through process of elimination would be a bad or poorly soldered chip. Also what was the capacitor that was changed?

Comment

AS15s appear to have possibly been a fad. All of them I remember seeing AS15s on, were late-'00s TVs.
                          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Ok so I looked at the ribbon cabbles more closely and did see something, two of the cables where damaged here are pictures. However I have suspision that I did this while trying to figure out what was wrong because it would be weird to me that because of these two connections half the screen is solarized. The cabble with damage on the right side is on the right side of the tv. I changed the capacitor on this board which one I cannot check right now and will only be able to do it on sunday evening/monday morning. I am starting to think about replacing the chip again...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well i have no confidence in those ribbon cables any more, replace both of them.

Comment

If cap you changed is on power board, that would have no effect on this problem. On the cables you can trim the ends a small amount.

Comment

Can I actually just cut the of the damaged end and it will be ok?
                                  And a side note, how to search for a ribon cabble? Like should I just write the numbers and letters on my ribbon cables or do other parametres need to be specified?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULwU...Repairs%26Mods

Comment

just cut off to good connections with sharp scissors

Comment

Cut off the ends, nothing changed. Any other suggestions apart from replacing the chip again?

Comment

Working...
                                        X