Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

universal tdk inverter.what is the little white thing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: universal tdk inverter.what is the little white thing ?

yes its confusing but it was working and now it isnt so something has gone wrong .
    q1 has to be on to send that high side p channel fet gate low so it switches the 12v on ..well that's how it seems to be to me .

it makes me wonder if there is a pass through on the main board that should feed 2v to r63 switching the fet on and the inverter at the same time .
    Last edited by petehall347; 04-12-2022, 02:11 PM.

Comment

the thing is that i have lit the screen with an another inverter and the system is not being shown on the screen so something is amiss there . the processor warms up .the 5v and 3.3v are ok . and the 12v .
      am thinking of removing the cmos battery overnight in case its something as silly as that

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
        yes its confusing but it was working and now it isnt so something has gone wrong .
        q1 has to be on to send that high side p channel fet gate low so it switches the 12v on ..well that's how it seems to be to me .

it makes me wonder if there is a pass through on the main board that should feed 2v to r63 switching the fet on and the inverter at the same time .
        I did ask about the circuit near C337, what is the component coming from the 12v trace going to the plug, and where does it connect to the inverter (which pin)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by R_J; 04-12-2022, 02:30 PM.

Comment

c337 is missing .the trace has been cut to the fet . that board pin goes to pin 2 inverter so same as pin 1 . i cant understand why its been cut ,i did try connecting it at one point but nothing changed , it was working at that point . u28 is a p channel fet . IRF7406

Comment

i forgot to mention when the unit is first turned on the 12v at inverter tries to go up but only for less than a second .. will see what the gate is doing at power on .

Comment

Is it possible that that cut trace from the 12 volts also connected to the R63 and inverter on/off?

Comment

that does not appear possible but i will study it more .
                i have been playing with it .
                i put 1k resistor between pin 1 and pin 3 mainboard same as 1 and 5 inverter . then made the fet gate low giving 12v ok but inverter pin 5 only going to 200mv .

Comment

I suspect the inverter is damaged, something must be killing the voltage on the on/off line. It looks like there is a 100Ω (101) off pin 5 (inv), does the other end go to a transistor?
                  Last edited by R_J; 04-12-2022, 03:33 PM.

Comment

will have to get a close up pic . back out over to the workshop again ..

Comment

couple of better pics i hope .
                      oh i tried unplugging the inverter and absolutely no voltage centre pin main board .pin 3
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X