Xbox 360 S adapter - 240v to 110v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: xbox 360 adapter - 240v to 110v

Thanks all for replying on this. Looks like ENABLE/UNDER-VOLTAGE (EN/UV) Pin on TNY276PN IC detects the under voltage condition. However as per the paragraph on page 3, this can be disabled using this pin. Note sure how this can be done, would need your expertise to throw some light on this

Update : Could this be achieved by removing the component (jumper) marked with red color in this picture, which is connected to high DCV.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by anupkg1985; 04-29-2022, 12:10 AM.

Comment

You could try that but it would greatly surprise me if they decided to make two different versions of this PSU for no real reason.
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I did remove the jumper in order to disable under voltage condition for TNY276PN IC, now I could see stb 5v on secondary is jumping from 1.2v to 5v and the led indicator of STB voltage on secondary is also blinking and not steady. These is fluctuation on main caps also from 171v to 173v. Looks like it's trying to start but something else is suppressing it and shutting it down. Any guess?
        Last edited by anupkg1985; 04-29-2022, 04:31 PM.

Comment

There is a control IC on the back of the board: U1, I can't read its markings though, so post a better picture of that.
          Also measure the voltage on the primary bulk capacitor when running from your 240v transformer but with the unit in standby mode.
          Next start the main power supply and measure the voltage on the primary bulk capacitor again.
          Last edited by Per Hansson; 04-29-2022, 10:13 PM.
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

U1 IC is CP0I9B (CP019BDR2G) however I couldn’t find a datasheet for it. I don't have 240V source to plug in.

Comment

Ok, you would need to do that test to verify that the unit does not have Active PFC but I'm pretty sure it does not.
              The big transformer like component next to the primary capacitor is probably a PFC choke (passive PFC, not active PFC).
              My theory is this gets removed for 110v operation.
              And then you would install two 200v capacitors in place of the current single 420v capacitor, but rotated 90 degrees.
              If you Google for some pictures of this PSU you will see that is how the 120v version looks to be designed.
              This would give you your voltage doubler circuit, but you would of course need to re-arrange some jumpers to make it so.
              All in all I would say it is not worth the effort.
              But if you want to try it for fun you can start to remove the big capacitor and PFC choke and take a picture, to get a better idea how it is wired...

Comment

Originally posted by anupkg1985 View Post
                U1 IC is CP0I9B (CP019BDR2G) however I couldn't find a datasheet for it. I don't have 240V source to plug in.
                that sounds familiar, i think it's a PFC chip from texas instruments

Comment

The CP019B seems to be a derivative of SCY99099B.
                  A datasheet does not exist that I could fine for either of them.
                  But if you Google for the second one you will get to a Russian forum where a user replaced it with a NCP1200D1
                  It is a "PWM Current-Mode Controller for Low-Power Universal Off-Line Supplies"
                  That is why I said above that I think this is a passive PFC unit, and not active PFC.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies. Finally I was able to make this modification in order to make it working with 120v by following other 120v power adapter circuit. As @Per Hansson mentioned in post #26, I have added two 200V capacitors in order to make a voltage doubler circuit and removed 420V capacitor. I have attached the pictures of the components removed and replaced with the steps below -

1. Removed PFC choke marked in RED color
                    2. Removed two jumpers marked in BROWN color
                    3. Removed 420V cap marked in BLUE color
                    4. Removed diode marked in YELLOW color (not sure if this was required)
                    5. Added two 200V caps in place where + and - marked with YELLOW color
                    6. Added two jumper in place marked with GREEN color

** No modifications on Secondary **
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by anupkg1985; 05-13-2022, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Attaching photos of 120v power adapter circuit.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Please find the 240v adapter with all components replaced, now it works with 120v.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X