HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

You are a genius...worked like a charm...no missing UUID or other info etc...just few clicks & BINGO...this HP Unlocker tool is awesome...
    I used CH341A programmer but for connections to bios chip i improvised a bit as clip adapter tool i received was very bad quality, it slipped often & did not hold on to chip as it should...so i removed all 8 wires connected to it & added extension wires with 8 different color codes, then with a little soldering skill connected them to the chip in correct orientation 1-8.
    I used AsProgrammer to read binary data from chip, saved it to pc, unlocked it with your HP Unlocker tool. Then opened HxD editor to compare locked & unlocked .bin files, i could see the password in binary, this was just to confirm password was removed, which was indeed.
    Next step was to write back the unlocked .bin back to chip, remove all soldered wires & booted up...It worked so very well...Thanks a ton bro
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-04-2022, 03:49 PM. Reason: removed full op quote

Comment

Hello everyone. I have a problem with HP EliteBOOK 840 G3 ProID W8F16UP.
      The customer had a damaged M2 hard drive, purchased a new one and tried
      to install the system. However, booting cannot be changed because
      the Administrator's BIOS password has been forgotten.
      I used HPUnlocker v1. I reprogrammed the flash memory, but
      the computer does not start after the change. From what I can see
      this model has two flash memories (MX25L6473FZNI and Winbond 25Q128FVPQ).
      I tested two flash drives but the effect is the same, the computer does not start.
      Attached I am sending both copies of the original flash content and the HPUnlocker file.
      Maybe someone will be able to solve this problem or tell you which offset contains the BIOS Administrator password.
      Thanks for all the hints and help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by berd View Post
        Hello everyone.
        Maybe someone will be able to solve this problem or tell you which offset contains the BIOS Administrator password.
        Try RCUnlocker, there is a link to it at post #1
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hello everyone. I have a problem with HP EliteBOOK 840 G3 ProID W8F16UP.
          The customer had a damaged M2 hard drive, purchased a new one and tried
          to install the system. However, booting cannot be changed because
          the Administrator's BIOS password has been forgotten.
          I used HPUnlocker v1. I reprogrammed the flash memory, but
          the computer does not start after the change. From what I can see
          this model has two flash memories (MX25L6473FZNI and Winbond 25Q128FVPQ).
          I tested two flash drives but the effect is the same, the computer does not start.
          Attached I am sending both copies of the original flash content and the HPUnlocker file.
          You must have done something wrong - 25Q128FVPQ is 16MB, but the dump you've uploaded is 8MB, so (I just checked) it's a half of the dump, most probably you didn't select the right chip in the flash program menu.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

I was also surprised that the dump is only 8MB. I checked the latest BIOS version for this model and it is about 9MB.

Comment

I was also surprised that the dump is only 8MB. I checked the latest BIOS version for this model and it is about 9MB.
              9MB is an update,not the full bios image.As vesko said ,select the right chip in the flash program menu.Don`t use auto detect.What model is your programmer
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                Try RCUnlocker, there is a link to it at post #1
                Of course, I checked at the very beginning, but I have a mistake.
                Attached Files

Comment

Of course, I checked at the very beginning, but I have a mistake.
                  i know,vesko has check your files and your backup was only 8MB not 16.

Comment

9MB is an update,not the full bios image.As vesko said ,select the right chip in the flash program menu.Don`t use auto detect.What model is your programmer
                    I do not use the "auto detect" function because there are errors in flash memory recognition.
                    I chose the flash chip by hand.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Will try to write the original dump to the chip. Check that the computer boots normally and try to read 16MB from data chip again.

Comment

Hello. Yes, you were right the program did not change the selected memory but loaded the previous one.
                        Now I am not sure if the 16MB BIOS content read is damaged after saving 8MB with changes.
                        The computer does not start.
                        Could you please send me a full new BIOS batch for comparison. I wonder if I could have damaged the KBC.
                        Thanks

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for help to unlock my second hand HP EliteBook 840 G5, with System BIOS Version "Q78 Ver. 01.20.00 03/21/2022".

This laptop contain a BIOS on an Winbond W25Q256JV chip,so, it's an 32Mb chip.
                          I dump the BIOS chip, and patch it with HPunlocker (date 17sep19), flash it back, and test it...

So, lucky that the laptop boot, but the BIOS password is still there!
                          I compare the original file and the unlocked one, ans I could see that starting $01B0108E, that 13 byte are changed ($02, $02, $00,$00,$00,MUserCred in ASCII).
                          On the original BIOS file there is an ASCII password : "AdminPW", only 7 letters, but the Bios Password need 8 byte, uppercase, lowercase AND a number.

I tried the AdminPW, on the machine, without success...

What did I wrong? Any suggestion?
                          Thanks for your help...

Comment

Originally posted by Granola View Post
                            Hello everyone,

I'm looking for help to unlock my second hand HP EliteBook 840 G5, with System BIOS Version "Q78 Ver. 01.20.00 03/21/2022".

This laptop contain a BIOS on an Winbond W25Q256JV chip,so, it's an 32Mb chip.
                            I dump the BIOS chip, and patch it with HPunlocker (date 17sep19), flash it back, and test it...

So, lucky that the laptop boot, but the BIOS password is still there!
                            I compare the original file and the unlocked one, ans I could see that starting $01B0108E, that 13 byte are changed ($02, $02, $00,$00,$00,MUserCred in ASCII).
                            On the original BIOS file there is an ASCII password : "AdminPW", only 7 letters, but the Bios Password need 8 byte, uppercase, lowercase AND a number.

I tried the AdminPW, on the machine, without success...

What did I wrong? Any suggestion?
                            Thanks for your help...
                            First of all upload the dump here.
                            Secondly the EC bios chip must be edited, so find it (in the most of the cases it's in the back of the board) and upload the dump here, or patch it yourself to remove the password. The password can be removed from the main bios chip too, but it's more complicated procedure, so the method I've suggested is more convenient and easy (for the average user).
                            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                              First of all upload the dump here.
                              Secondly the EC bios chip must be edited, so find it (in the most of the cases it's in the back of the board) and upload the dump here, or patch it yourself to remove the password. The password can be removed from the main bios chip too, but it's more complicated procedure, so the method I've suggested is more convenient and easy (for the average user).
                              Hello Vesko356,

thanks for your fast reply!

First, i did a "fast reply", and could'nt find any upload/attachment icon on this Forum.... now, I see it!

Here we go with the files:

You write: "...the EC bios chip must be edited, so find it (in the most of the cases it's in the back of the board)..." what do you mean about the EC bios?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Granola View Post
                                Hello Vesko356,

thanks for your fast reply!

First, i did a "fast reply", and could'nt find any upload/attachment icon on this Forum.... now, I see it!

Here we go with the files:

You write: "...the EC bios chip must be edited, so find it (in the most of the cases it's in the back of the board)..." what do you mean about the EC bios?
                                You have another 16MB or 32MB chip left. Look for it on both sides of the main board.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                  You have another 16MB or 32MB chip left. Look for it on both sides of the main board.

OK, see it on the RCUnlocker thread... I will try tomorrow!

Comment

So, I will seek some information to get access to the other side of the laptop mainboard...

One question: are there any topic that show the BIOS unlocking with pictures (to locate the components) ans some screen shots?
                                    I will take picture of my mainboard tomorrow, with the patching process, maybe will produce any PDF as a checklist

Comment

hello guys,
                                      can someone help me with this dump? HP 850 G6 with bios pass
                                      Thanks
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ytsoc View Post
                                        hello guys,
                                        can someone help me with this dump? HP 850 G6 with bios pass
                                        Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                          you're right of course.
                                          Here's the dump
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X