Samsung Smart TV - No HDMI working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Smart TV - No HDMI working

Hi guys, this is just a general question but if this TV has got 2 HDMI ports and both do not work what could be the problem.
    So If I feed a signal to the HDMI1 and put my TV to that source all I get is a blank screen. I do not get a "no signal" message. If I switch off my DVD player (The source) then I get a message saying no signal.
    Software is up to date (Tried updating it) - Don't know how to back roll the update.
    Also I don't know what to look for in service mode that might have a bearing on this issue.

Regards
    Angelos

Re: Samsung Smart TV - No HDMI working

Possibly not helpful but just because I had a dvd player fail today in a very similar way have you tried a different device on the HDMI inputs? Perhaps a computer or laptop that will detect a display.
    Also check the hdmi cable?

With out having a look inside the TV I once had one where the tv would show everything on the onscreen display but no HDMI inputs.
    I heated the processor and the inputs came back.

Comment

Bad hdmi chip. Lack of voltage to hdmi.
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
        Bad hdmi chip. Lack of voltage to hdmi.
        I have ordered new board already. Just very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by jord4231 View Post
          Possibly not helpful but just because I had a dvd player fail today in a very similar way have you tried a different device on the HDMI inputs? Perhaps a computer or laptop that will detect a display.
          Also check the hdmi cable?

With out having a look inside the TV I once had one where the tv would show everything on the onscreen display but no HDMI inputs.
          I heated the processor and the inputs came back.
          I have tried different devices, no luck. But yes it would be the main board. So i will order a new one.

Comment

Thanks goes to everyone who responded to help confirm my suspicions!
            Regards

Comment

Working...
            X