• Show
Clear All

philips 65PUS6162/05 dead no sby led

hi to all,
    following on from earlier post ref:no boosted pcf voltage
    i managed to get a LD7591T pcf boost ic
    i now have 385v boosted volts.
    the psu produces 12v ok ,
    (and bear in mind the 5v and 3,3v supplies are produced by the main board not as shown on the psu board markings.)
    now, the tv has no sby led lit ,no backlight voltages
    my thaughts were that ths processor could be faulty,but i wanted to completely eliminate the psu first
    i checked all the supplies on the main board 1,5v,3,3v,5v, they are all ok,

the psu voltages:
    dim 0v ,
    on/off 0v ,
    ps-on 3v
    i fed 3.3v from main board to:
    dim,
    on/off
    and ps-on
    but still no backlight voltage
    any ideas as to why psu wont give out b/l supply volts?
    am i correctly trying to run psu ,or am i missing something?

Re: philips 65PUS6162/05 dead no sby led

sorry here are the pics
    the cct is from 65pus 6162/12 version not 65pus6162/05
    i dont know if theres any difference
    Attached Files

Comment

last number region designation:

60 – Russia
      12 - Europe
      F7 - North America
      F8 - Central America

Comment

PS_on is 3v in standby or power on?
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

standby seems a little low, maybe unhook cable from powerboard to mainboard, recheck standby voltage with it off, if it stays the same maybe check that cap right by the connector, D9100, D9102 and the transistor right there by it on the heatsink, can you post a picture of the whole back, as to see how everything is connected?

Comment

the voltage on ps__on when mains connected (no sby lit) is 3v
            pressing the remote or toggle switch at rear of tv does not change this voltage

because of the design of the psu ,the main board has to be fed 12v to enable any
            of the important supplies to be produced
            my attempt to force on the psu i used a link from the good 3,3v supply on the main board
            and fed it to: ps_on
            dim and
            on/off
            this produced no backlight voltage
            earlier before any posting on the forum i checked all caps with esr meter and for good measure replaced a few that were not 100% cap value
            i also confirmed the vcc1 and vcc2 voltages were good at approx 12v and that the backlight cct or LLC as philips like to call it revealed no s/c or suspect components

perhaps ,(as philips like to be different )the ps_on has to go low to turn on psu not high as i first thaught?
            Attached Files

Comment

how bout that picture of the whole back, we don't have the tv on our bench so we can't see it.

Comment

ok oops sorry my mistake
                Attached Files

Comment

maybe start with the easy stuff, check all the diodes and resistors if you have'nt already.

Comment

thanks but tried that first .
                    i have found the correct cct
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ps-on has to change state from standby. Whether from high to low or low to high.
                      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

yes i understand ,i just need help /advice how to turn on psu and check if b/l volts are working
                        then i can replace main board
                        or repair it possibly replace micro mt5802 vgej
                        with confidence that psu is good
                        when i use the 3.3v supply to force on psu theres no sby volts as that is provided by the micro hope that makes sense thanks

Comment

yes makes sense, if ps-on never changes and if you get nothing from on-off pin which is backlight on off, more than likely a mainboard issue, did you try heating the mainboard processor with hairdryer, or cooling the processor, then see if it works for a while.

Comment

WOW you must be a mind reader .just tried that with s/station up to 200 deg for 5 mins then let it cool to room temp sadly no change
                            i know the main board is type :715g-8709-moe-b00-005n
                            theres a number for sale listed with correct model number but board number not exactly the same .are the philips boards identified by the white paper label or the printed numbers on the board perhaps they have to match the screen panel numberas well?

Comment

There wouldn't be any change if you let it cool down. 200c isn't hot enough to melt anything and cooled down, any expansion has gone.

Comment

it shouldnt be too hard to powerup the powerboard stand alone, can you get a better focused picture of the map/legend of that connector or write out the description like pin 1 +5v or whatever it says?

Comment

all yours messurments are at wrong pins lable.. you will never have PS-ON 3V if there are no STB V. you may have STB 3V not PS_ON but there are short / open on MB. so it didnt start.

Comment

with regards to the legend on the psu there are no components on the board for 5v
                                    unlike most other psu designs the 5v is not produced on the psu
                                    the only dc supplies from the psu are: 12v
                                    and b/l supply which i expect to be around 30v
                                    this is why i find it tricky to force on the psu
                                    the 12v is unswitched and is always present when mains applied ,the 3 pins that are used to control the psu state are :on-off, dim, and ps-on.
                                    when the tv works normally the main board produces the above voltages

now the fault i have is the 12v fed to MAIN board does produce on the test points shown in manual ,5v sby ,5v, 3,3v 1.5v these are on coils: l701, l704. l702, l803

Comment

are there any tiny fuses on the mainboard to check out?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbofz View Post
                                        with regards to the legend on the psu there are no components on the board for 5v
                                        are you saying now if you just plug the PSU in wall socket with out main board plugged in.. PFC boosted and you have 12V on the socket and the main cap +380V???

so what will u9301 of power saving will do ?? did you checked all 3 Opto are fine no one of them are shorted?

Comment

Working...
                                        X