Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How find interchangeable Components?

Hi Mates!
    Im Looking for an Option to find interchangeable Components.
    Actually im seaching for an alternative to MBRF1080CTL but nearly every month im on the search for Alternatives, because Here in Germany i often not getting Parts fast and for a good price. Nearly every Part is coming from China which Tales too long or US which has Shippingcosts about 15$.

Hope to get some impacts!

Re: How find interchangeable Components?

I have the same problem sometimes finding some parts from Germany and China but more so from Germany because one of our machines has a lot of parts are from Siemens which make it sometimes challenging to find part and have them the next day
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 06-11-2020, 07:20 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

MBRF1080CTL is just a 80V 10A Schottky Diode in a TO220-3 fullpack. You shouldn't have any problem finding a replacement for it. So as long the replacement diode has at least 80V and 10 amps, is a Shottky Diode and the packaging is a fullpack (tab is isolated) you are good to go. If you want, you can jam a 100V 20A in there, or a 120V 20A ... what every you get your hands on. With diodes you can always go higher in voltage, amp rating and higher recovery speeds. In this case you have to watch the fullpack or that the tab is isolated, other than that, it goes "Bang!" again.

I went to Mouser.de and found and instant replacement. 100V 10A Schottky, TO220-3 fullpack, 1797 pieces in stock. How many do you need?
      https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/...v0Pcf6Hw%3D%3D

Comment

Didnt know that i can interchange 10a 80v schottky diode with 20a 100v. I think i have some in Stock, will Look later. Thanks!!!

I know Mouser.de allready, but for 2 pcs are shippingcosts about 15$ too much. Will first Look at my storage

Comment

remember the tab has to be isolated!!!

Comment

Will remember! Have found an solide mbr20100ctf TO220-3 from donorboard, will give it a try on sunday

Comment

See, wasn't that hard. Folks get waaay to hung up into parts numbers and try to find an exact match to replace the broken part. The thing here is to "look" at the broken part, pull up the spec sheet and read it. Then go from there and find an "close enough" or exact match. With diodes you can always go bigger in voltage and amp rating, also a faster switching speed. However you can't put a regular slow rectifying diode in a high speed situation. It will heat the diode real fast and of course short out again.
              I hardly ever have to buy diodes, unless I need something really special.
              Well, I think you should have this situation well under control now. Have fun!

Comment

Thanks for this advice!! I read everytime datasheets but on diodes i tought it has to be an exact Match. Didnt know that going Bigger in voltage and amp rating is possible. So now im knowing this and it helps me a little bit more to find interchangeable components. Thanks for this!!!

Comment

Working...
                X