Trash that broken TV and get a brand new for $59, but hurry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trash that broken TV and get a brand new for $59, but hurry

MicroCenter has a 39" dumb Seiki for $59. It has only 720 resolution, but had 3 HDMI, one USB and a VGA inputs. You could add an Android box or Amazon stick to make it smarter. Or you could mount it on your porch and not care if it's stolen. I use one as a monitor and my old eyes love it. But hurry, they will sell out. https://www.microcenter.com/product/...720p-hd-led-tv

Re: Trash that broken TV and get a brand new for $59, but hurry

Bad news for the repair business people with insane prices like above.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Model is Seiki SC-39HS950N 39" Class (38.5" Diag.) 720p HD LED TV, anyone own one? makes me wonder where they are cutting corners.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        makes me wonder where they are cutting corners.
        Probably everywhere. Cheapest components possible. LEDs likely set to 100% brightness and likely to fail in 3 or 4 years.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

60$ for a tv is insane. Some sort of regulation about the electronic waste has to come into play, otherwise we are done with this job.

Comment

Price dumping, furthermore probably intended to last only as long as the warranty.

Comment

Yes, I got 2, and am not going to look inside. Bought the first sight unseen ( not any out of box) for TV, but it ended up replacing two 23" monitors on my computer. Was so happy I drove over again the next day for another since I remembered buying a 9" off brand for that price when LCD TVs first appeared. If they last more than a year, I will still be happy.

Comment

In store only, the first part of bait and switch ?

Comment

Hellova good price, I would turn the backlights down as far as tolerable, makes the backlights last longer and save your eyes a little.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                    In store only, the first part of bait and switch ?
                    Nope, it's a loss leader to get people in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                      Nope, it's a loss leader to get people in the store.
                      And when they've gone, which they soon will...only the more expensive are left.

Comment

they could just be getting rid of the lo-res panels.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                          they could just be getting rid of the lo-res panels.
                          Two weeks before Black Friday, I wonder what craptacular stock they are making way for !

Comment

Microcenter shoots pretty straight and is known for their good prices, reputable company, they don't need to resort to tricks.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-15-2019, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Should be interesting to see what kind of TV deals Walmart, Target, etc will offer come Black Friday. They always offer something super cheap just to get you in the door.

Comment

Here it is the THIRD day of the $59 price, and most stores show more than 10 in stock. I am so tempted to get a 3rd, but my wife would kill me. Both days I bought, I saw at least 5 people with these in their carts, and close to the front door, there were three 4X4 foot pallets, more than 4 foot high, loaded / stacked with these. Can you imagine how many of these came on the boat from China? The backlight settings are fully adjustable and they feature lots of sound and pic adjustment, along with good channel adding, deleting, hiding, and favorites. They selling the 32" version for $229.
                                Attached Files

Comment

If I needed one and was closer to microcenter, I'd grab one, I just can't see anyone beating that price.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-15-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X