Asus x555ld rev 2.0 no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus x555ld rev 2.0 no power

I have a asus x555ld motherboard, it have a memory ran integrated and was short circuit, i take out all the ran chips the short circuit is gone, but the laptop wont turn on, i know it will not boot up but no fan spin nothing, i testet all the mayor voltages are ok, 3,3v, 1v, 5v, are present the power button have 3v when i press it it go 0 but the motherboard still no power, checking close i find out that the bios chips was removed, is that the cause of the no power? i think it will be at least power the fans and just won't boot, but is not the case here just want to know if it worth buying a bios chip and test it more

Re: Asus x555ld rev 2.0 no power

just reprogram it. or u can use any bios ic/with righ voltage/ with that capacity

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
      just reprogram it. or u can use any bios ic/with righ voltage/ with that capacity
      thx for the answer, i order it a new chip and when it arrive i will program it my main question is it because the missing chip GD25B64BSIGR the motherboard won't even spin the fans, as i say i the post, the main power rails are present and there is no short that i can see,

Comment

Originally posted by rascao View Post
        I have a asus x555ld motherboard, it have a memory ran integrated and was short circuit, i take out all the ran chips the short circuit is gone, but the laptop wont turn on, i know it will not boot up but no fan spin nothing, i testet all the mayor voltages are ok, 3,3v, 1v, 5v, are present the power button have 3v when i press it it go 0 but the motherboard still no power, checking close i find out that the bios chips was removed, is that the cause of the no power? i think it will be at least power the fans and just won't boot, but is not the case here just want to know if it worth buying a bios chip and test it more
        yap no bios means no boot up sequence. no nothing even led light. buy eeprom that fits your model number and flash it with same bios dump..
        Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Thx for your reply i will try that

Comment

Ok now the bios chip arrive, i solder the chip and now we have some life, when i plug the power the laptop will start, but a black screen no backlight nothing, just 100% fan speed, i disable the internal memory because some chips was on short circuit i remove all of them and shift some resistors as it says here i supouse i need to shift the resistors from r2141 to 2142, from 2133 to 2134, from 2135 to 2136 and from 2137 to 2138, i did check the continuity afther the change and is all ok, the voltages are OK but the black screen with no back ligth everytime any sugestion ?

the seller of the bios chip tell me this

these motherboards from the factory may be slightly different modifications, some may have a factory-installed bios chip's (Winbond 25Q64FV or MXiC MX 25L6473F, or Gigadevice 25B64CSiG)and on such motherboard will not work chips (MXiC MX25L6473E or Gigadevice 25B64BSiG) if the motherboard its microcontroller is adapted to the respective operating frequencies of the Bios chips.

For example, if this motherboard had a Bios chip Winbond 25Q64FV from the factory, then what you bought will not work on this motherboard because they have completely different operating frequencies. Do you understand?
            is this the problem?
            i have a wrong bios chip? or the chip come bad?

i try disconnect the memory ran and try to boot up to see if something change and something change, the fan doesn't spin and the power consumption is a loot lower, so i put the memory stick again and now the fan doesn't spin and the power consumption is low with or without the memory , i don't know if this is worst or better but the laptop is still black screen

and check again for short circuit, and in the memory power line a transistor is now bad is a reverse polarity one so i remove the short circuit transistor and now back to the same problem fan 100% black screen no backlight , i get to a dead end for me dont know what else try out, buy another bios chip? my version of the motherboard have nvidia graphics, i know they sometime fails and give you black screen no post but you have backlight, in my case it dont give me that so i think is the bios chip but i am not sure any suggestion will be appreciated thx

Comment

Ok now the bios chip arrive, i solder the chip and now we have some life, when i plug the power the laptop will start, but a black screen no backlight nothing, just 100% fan speed, i disable the internal memory because some chips was on short circuit i remove all of them and shift some resistors as it says here i supouse i need to shift the resistors from r2141 to 2142, from 2133 to 2134, from 2135 to 2136 and from 2137 to 2138, i did check the continuity afther the change and is all ok, the voltages are OK but the black screen with no back ligth everytime any sugestion ?

the seller of the bios chip tell me this

i have a wrong bios chip? or the chip come bad?

i try disconnect the memory ran and try to boot up to see if something change and something change, the fan doesn't spin and the power consumption is a loot lower, so i put the memory stick again and now the fan doesn't spin and the power consumption is low with or without the memory , i don't know if this is worst or better but the laptop is still black screen

and check again for short circuit, and in the memory power line a transistor is now bad is a reverse polarity one so i remove the short circuit transistor and now back to the same problem fan 100% black screen no backlight , i get to a dead end for me dont know what else try out, buy another bios chip? my version of the motherboard have nvidia graphics, i know they sometime fails and give you black screen no post but you have backlight, in my case it dont give me that so i think is the bios chip but i am not sure any suggestion will be appreciated thx
              you must reprogram the new BIOS chip with a working bin the simptom you are having now cause of BIOS

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
                you must reprogram the new BIOS chip with a working bin the simptom you are having now cause of BIOS
                Thx for your reply, it supposed to be programed with my bios, maybe come bad or i use too much heat putting on, i use a soldering iron at 380c, but now that you tell me the simptom is bios i will order a new chip and ad eeprom programer thx

Comment

I don't see how it could work without the onboard ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumah Brazorf View Post
                    I don't see how it could work without the onboard ram.
                    Here is how you can disable on board ran for this model just shifting some resistors, the thing is, when i try to turn on the laptop with the onboard ran disable and without any ran stik, it burn out a transistorn idk why but i dont want to try again

Comment

Here is how you can disable on board ran for this model just shifting some resistors, the thing is, when i try to turn on the laptop with the onboard ran disable and without any ran stik, it burn out a transistorn idk why but i dont want to try again
                      thats because it is NOT for rev 2.0

Comment

so this is not for rev2?

https://ibb.co/xf8hTtY

but it says is for rev 2

and all the parts on the boardview is the same and the same spot

Comment

Hi Pro´s i have a problem My X555LD Rev. 2.0

The Mainboard starts with Fan Spinns but no Display or external Monitor.
                          I Have many Voltage at the Mainboard.

I only find this at U2803 bios chip Pin 8 is not staddy Voltage is 3,2 ~ 2,9.
                          at D2801 a have at pin 1,2 stable 3,26V.
                          does the bios work at this voltage ?

And at PQ8303 the Voltage is not stadddy.

No Voltage around U4501.
                          thanks

Comment

so this is not for rev2?

https://ibb.co/xf8hTtY

but it says is for rev 2

and all the parts on the boardview is the same and the same spot
                            Post it and we check it

Comment

I find the Error it was the Bios software was bad.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X