Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voltage still applied to LED backlight stips when TV in standby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voltage still applied to LED backlight stips when TV in standby?

Is it normal that a voltage of 54 volts is still applied to the LED strips when the TV is in standby? There is not much current, but I can see several of the LEDs are on but very very dim. When the TV is turned on, the voltage jumps up to about 100v (there are 33x3v LEDs, I removed 3 bad ones)

Re: Voltage still applied to LED backlight stips when TV in standby?

however you didn't wrote the TV type and model No. but i assume its first generation of LED Android TV.

Comment

Its an RCA RLDED 4331B: 43 inch LED TV (From 2015 I think). Not a smart TV

Comment

i see. its all in one boards. i think its just disorder at system power off / on. reset / hard reset could bring it back to normal / real power off.

Comment

Tried that and same issue, but one point I didn't mention is that I don't have the panel connected yet. I removed 3 LEDs from 2 of the strips (shorted them), so I have 33 LED lights instead of 36. The main board is just connected to power and the LED strips. The connection to the panel board (inverter board?) I haven't connected yet.
          I was just testing to make sure that the LED backlights work. They light up when I turn the TV on after 2-3 seconds, but when I turn the TV off, I see that some LEDs are very dim and there is still voltage being applied.
          Do I need to connect the panel for the voltage to go away when the TV is off?

Comment

its not good idea to jumper 3 Leds... it mean in total >=9V. and did the LED build in zener diode or with out..

so in short words now the system in DIY way... disorder of power OFF / ON accurate

about the screen.. did the T-CON integrated at Panel buffer boards in case yes... the point above will be in place.

Comment

Ok got it and thank you! I ordered new strips and was trying to make sure nothing else was wrong before they arrived. For the LEDs I removed, I just shorted positive and negative pads where the LED was with some solder. This shouldn't affect any zener diode protection in the strip?

Comment

Working...
              X