Extending the life of your hot air blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extending the life of your hot air blower

Before turning off power at the master switch of your hot air blower (which can also have a soldering station function), turn off the hot air blower function at its own switch (typically Standby); the blower pump (with heater off) will continue to operate until the unit has cooled down adequately; when the pump stops operating, it is safe to turn off power at the master switch.

This will help extend the life of your hot air blower and this is similar to projectors performing a cool down cycle (fan runs for a few minutes until cool) when turned off by its Standby function.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Extending the life of your hot air blower

most blowers dont have a master switch anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      most blowers dont have a master switch anyway!
      The master switch I am refering to is the mains switch.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

my 5 cents and by experience (can be wrong,is so pleaserefrase to- by fetish)

- avoid bumps when hot because resistances can break easily when hot

- avoid using station on max temperature, most stations never reach top temperature or hardly keep it so will continually pump current to resistances, this apply to solder irons too

-solder irons i prefer to use the brass wire (if this is the english technical term) because cleans better and gives longer life to tips

Comment

Working...
        X