Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used vinegar to remove oxidization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used vinegar to remove oxidization?

Standard white distilled vinegar is 5% acetic acid and pretty mild. I've used it to remove oxidization from tools and metals and thinking it could be used on corroded circuit boards if used carefully and possibly diluted further. Just a quick scrub-down with a toothbrush and rinse off with water and then IPA. What do you folks think?

Re: Anyone used vinegar to remove oxidization?

ive done it. it was 10% (AKA not bought from Kroger) concentration with no issues, so go for it!
    Last edited by goontron; 04-14-2015, 11:03 AM.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

i use it pure to clean up alkaline/nicad battery leaks
      it just melts that shit clean away!

Comment

I use nothing but MEK and IPA...

Vinegar? Really?! lol

Comment

MEK is nasty toxic stuff. They made us stop using it in the Navy back in 1972.

Comment

Awesome for creating plastic parts and also removing the crap left over from Alu tape after reballing/reflowing etc

Comment

also good for causing brain damage and cancer - and it's absorbed through the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                MEK is nasty toxic stuff. They made us stop using it in the Navy back in 1972.
                I dipped my hands in it several times a day in the shop. Used it to clean nozzles. May that explains some of the problems I've had among other things.

Comment

Working...
                X