Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which gas mask for Amtech NC-559-ASM flux ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which gas mask for Amtech NC-559-ASM flux ?

Hello

I am a reballer and i can't bear the consequence of flux smokes, you know well what i am talking about ... Smoke extractor in my case it difficult to apply, i use one, but nose still be always closer than the extractor ...

What do you recommend as gas mask to use for reballing using Amtech NC-559-ASM flux ? Preferably something easy to order in Europe, i am from Belgium. It should be a model with renewable cartridges, efficient but for a correct price.

What kind of gas is it ? full metallic gaz ? Organic and metallic ? other chemical composition ? Searching on their datasheet, it has a lot of toxicity warning but no recommendation about any gas mask.

I could see the videos of "Al reballer" on Youtube, he is using a gas mask, i could not contact him to ask him, his website, podchip.com is a dead for now.

Re: Which gas mask for Amtech NC-559-ASM flux ?

what do you think about 3M 7503 ? With chemical industry cartridges 6057 or 6059 ?, it is a kind of good brand and easy to find around here.

Comment

I have a Sundström, with the particle filter SR 510 P3R and a gas one SR 315 ABE1.
      I have a protective work wear shop near me and i asked the salesman. After phoning up head office and telling them what i was doing, they ordered me the gas one.

It's a bit dusty as i have been wearing in my loft whilst redoing the insulation.
      Attached Files

Comment

Then ABE1 is the correct filter norm to use when working with flux ? Did you never noticed any illness or disease using it ?

Local professional tools shops around here don't have this brand but in 3M brand they provide ABE1 filter as well under reference number 6057, the only difference with 6059 is that 6059(ABEK1) is filtering ammoniac as well, but not really necessary for electronic I think, or perhaps for caustic soda.

Thanks for your help, it was the information i was expecting.

Comment

Hello

Yesterday I bought the mask 3M model 7503 with 4 pairs of gas filters 6059(ABEK1) it is excellent construction set, I could find it easily in a professional wear and security store around here, it was about 105€. I recommend it , cosy to use when working.

Thanks again for your help diif. I am ready to work safe now.

Comment

mountain out of a mole hill with the fumes thing IMHO.... but glad you could find a mask that suites your needs.
            Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

You're welcome yoritomo.
              Better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

just get a fan and a pair of tumble dryer hoses and vent it.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                  just get a fan and a pair of tumble dryer hoses and vent it.
                  After vent it means that it is no longer dangerous or less.
                  The Night Drop Down, I Will Keep Try Until..., You Never know.
                  Dushi Kòrsou, Nos Tei.

Comment

meaning you suck it up and dump it out of a window or something.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                      meaning you suck it up and dump it out of a window or something.
                      But if a use a mask is it dangerous for people around you to, or the smell already become less and is no longer dangerous.
                      The Night Drop Down, I Will Keep Try Until..., You Never know.
                      Dushi Kòrsou, Nos Tei.

Comment

anybody who can smel it is breathing it in.
                        the profesional way of working is with a unit that sucks up the fumes and passes them through a charcoal filter.
                        but those are expensive.

Comment

Working...
                        X