• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Altronics T2380 Soldering station busted

Originally posted by stj View Post
    if it is a xytronics unit then the element is something like 36v
    The element is marked 32V/100W
    better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
      If the T2380 works well for you a new element might be cheaper for now
      Originally posted by pfrcom View Post
      Altronics have advised they're out of stock of heating elements until late October - and replenishment will start from Perth, the other side of Australia
      figure out the control circuit
      Outside my expertise, I'm afraid

if you can track down the part number for the heater (Farnell probably has it written somewhere)
      I've tracked down 79-210012 for heating element assembly - Xytronic product code E347-599E9_20150211231308

Farnell only seem to offer Xytronic tips

Xytronic themselves are no help - got two replies from them:

First said "You have to get them from where you getting your soldering station ? Due to this model had been specially made for them !
      We do not stock them !"

Second gave me a URL for Altronics, and Altronic's part number

For part numbers I tracked down, the only option seems to be Polish sites, and communicating with them would be an issue for me

Seems to me it's a typical Asian product scenario where focus is on manufacturing, to exclusion of any service, support or compatibility

There is also heating element 79-210012U around the traps, where I bet the suffix stands for Updated, because it seems to be for soldering handle 210ESD

I think a 210ESD is compatible with my station, but its tips seem to be different, so thinking about that as option would mean throwing more good money after bad
      better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

For part numbers I tracked down, the only option seems to be Polish sites, and communicating with them would be an issue for me
        I tried an enquiry in English to ndn.com.pl

Got a prompt reply that they don't ship to Australia

Nothing ventured nothing gained, I asked if they knew whether xytronic.com.pl would do so

Another prompt reply that xytronic.com.pl is also theirs

I also asked www.rapidonline.com if they could supply 79-210012

They suggested 79-210012U which doesn't look suitable in their picture, and I'm pretty sure is for later model 210ESD soldering handle

So looks like I'm SOL until November, assuming Altronics can even supply a spare part then

Comment

Outside my expertise, I'm afraid
          Well, if you posted pictures of the control board we could probably figure it out, though it does seem likely the heater is bad, so probably not needed.

I think a 210ESD is compatible with my station, but its tips seem to be different, so thinking about that as option would mean throwing more good money after bad
          I guess it's better to wait then, or just get a new station.
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

use 32v of lamps to test the base by connecting across the element.

Comment

use 32v of lamps to test the base by connecting across the element.
              Thanks STJ

It's all reassembled and put to the side - too cold here for further diagnosis for the time being

Comment

haha bet you wish global warming wasnt a scam!

that snow is worth money if you could ship it!

Comment

that snow is worth money if you could ship it!
                  What's snow ?

Didn't even see the stuff until I was in my late twenties, during a day trip up to an Alpine area

Comment

must be the other side of aus

Comment

Shot myself in the foot

After ruining a motherboard trying to remove caps with my old station, I noticed Altronics offering suspected closing-out price on their T2460 - I think a rebadged Xytronic LF-2000:
                      http://www.altronics.com.au/p/t2460-...ering-station/
                      or first pic

Bright idea was to try old handpiece on new station, and vice versa

It arrived today, and its handpiece is six-pin connector, not seven

Handpiece seems to be a Xytronic 307K - at least it's a much lighter & neater unit

So my quest continues for a heater element like second pic, borrowed from:
                      http://ndn.com.pl/akcesoria/3034-grzalka-79-210012.html
                      who won't deliver to Australia

FWIW, original station looks like third pic
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X