Ut 61e multi meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut 61e multi meter

i want to ask IS ut61e digital multi meter measure frequency til 220mhz ??

and what's the correct way to measure frequency on laptop mb with ut61e ?

thank for all of you

Re: Ut 61e multi meter

Modern CPUs you will not see the main clock output on the board, so you won't see the GHz numbers. You should be able to measure PCI/PCIe clock speeds though most multimeter probes probably add so much load that it will affect the operation of the machine...

... then again I saw specs of a UT61E and it says the bandwidth (probably 3db) is only 10KHz, so you won't see PCI/PCIe clock frequency either.
    Last edited by eccerr0r; 11-22-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

it can read 220MHz and even a lot higher, but i'm not sure what the minimum voltage of the pulses are.

Comment

Sorry folks, but a US $50 multi meter is not going to function as a frequency counter much beyond 100 KHz. The front of the unit says 250000 counts. That does not translate into 250 MHz capability. A f.c. for 250MHz is precision lab test equipment not to mention the expensive HF probe that would be needed to sniff a 3 volt (or less) clock line.

A good quality scope might be able to do it. It is important to know the limits of your equipment. This does not mean you can't do a lot of good troubleshooting with this meter, however.
        Is it plugged in?

Comment

times change, i have an 8digit 2.4GHz counter for £8 from china.
          i tested it at 446MHz using a radio and it was spot-on and very sensitive.

Comment

(It is important to know the limits of your equipment)

i'm agree with (longbow) it's good opinion thanks for all my friends specially (stj)

i bought ut61e from 10 days
            Last edited by hazim; 11-23-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X