Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puhui T-870A reballing station, good or not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puhui T-870A reballing station, good or not ?

Hello

I have been watching videos since a while about this raballing station Puhui T-870A, demonstrations looks like interesting, features are not too bad the price as well.
    It is made in China, but i could see their build process from their website, and it is a small factory working by hand, and they let it in test for a while to insure proper operations. (as they said ...)

I would like to know if anyone here ever bought one yet, i am worrying as well about spare parts in case of problems. That is always the hot topic.
    Is the power and usability correct for a convenient laptop motherboard repair ? Powered enough to remove the graphic BGAs without damages ?

Thanks for your advices.

Re: Puhui T-870A reballing station, good or not ?

Sorry to burst your bubble but it is crap. Just look at the many youtube videos of unsatisfied owners.

First of all, it uses a bulb as the IR source. This causes problems due to reflections, not all chips will behave the same. It is at most good for removing and replacing plastic cased chips like southbridges or RAM.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Good evening

Thanks for your advise, i was sure once again the price would reflect the quality, too low to be true ...
      I have never used one such machine yet, what normally they use as IR top heating element ? Not a bulb usually ? How to recognize a quality machine face to a bad one ?

Do you have any good brand or model to recommend ?

I have been watching DIY reballing station project using arduino and so on, maybe an interesting way to build myself.

Comment

Your find on my webstore I dont advertise that machine as Th3_uN1Qu3 has quite simply put it , Its rubbish , feel free to take a visit and email me if you need anything else ,

Comment

Can vouch for BGA Rework Store myself.

Have a chat with him and he will get you sorted for your needs

Comment

Originally posted by yoritomo View Post
            Good evening

Thanks for your advise, i was sure once again the price would reflect the quality, too low to be true ...
            I have never used one such machine yet, what normally they use as IR top heating element ? Not a bulb usually ? How to recognize a quality machine face to a bad one ?

Do you have any good brand or model to recommend ?

I have been watching DIY reballing station project using arduino and so on, maybe an interesting way to build myself.
            For your info you have IR bulbs and IR elements, no matter what, reflection will cause worse heat transfer as IR is a source of light and the radiation simply bounces off. Using Kapton tape over reflective surfaces helps and Alu tape to keep other parts cool

It totally depends on what you are going to be working with, board thickness and chipset size all play an important role in what machine you need.
            Last edited by newtothis; 04-05-2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

In fact I need a station for laptop motherboards reballing, that would be the main purpose, a model working with IR, good quality enough but not too expensive in my budget, I would be working alone in a local store. What is the url of your webstore?

I am living in Belgium, here is 220v 50hz, and i would prefer to find a local dealer in my country if possible.

What would be the most matching device please ?
              Last edited by yoritomo; 04-05-2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoritomo View Post
                In fact I need a station for laptop motherboards reballing, that would be the main purpose, a model working with IR, good quality enough but not too expensive in my budget, I would be working alone in a local store. What is the url of your webstore?

I am living in Belgium, here is 220v 50hz, and i would prefer to find a local dealer in my country if possible.

What would be the most matching device please ?
                Scotle IR6000 v5

http://bgareworkstation.co.uk/BGA-St...le-ir6000.html
                Last edited by newtothis; 04-05-2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I am U.K based any machines that I stock in the U.K are shipped anywhere in the E.U with no extra costs , The IR6000 is u.k stock and yes you will get a free solder station as well and they can be shipped to you,

Comment

Thanks for it, it looks excellent, I didn't start my shop yet, it still be in preparation.
                    That is good to know I may find it there.

Comment

The Puhui is not a great machine, it uses light IR and that is not a great option for BGA

The IR6000 is better, because it uses dark IR but it comes with cheap chinese heaters so you will need to upgrade them with german elstein heaters to have a more successful and reliable repair

Comment

I currently own the T-890 BGA DOUBLE DIGITAL INFRARED STATION, I haven't had any problem with my unit or came across a BGA chip I couldn't removed or reflow. The preset works great and cover most solder type.

the only bad thing I can think of is the control panel buttons and how its label.
                        its need to be re-label by yourself to understand how to get around to change setting
                        Last edited by ecking767; 04-29-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

IR6000 V5 still be available ?

Hello, BGA Rework Store

Do you still sell IR6000 V5 ? your website seems to be offline. I started my business and it is the time now for me to buy it.

Good evening all

Comment

http://www.bgareworkstore.com/
                            is working fine - i just checked.

Comment

Working...
                            X