Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools for the job

Hi All,
    I'm a total newbee to the world of reworks and I need some advice please. I have read on other forums that Amtech is better than Kingbo and others say Kingbo is better than Amtech and as for Insat.... well, I don't know about that, so...i got them all. What I'm asking is, which one is the best and do I need different for lift and re-flow. Here is a list of what I have, I have tweezers picks, reball station, stensiles and Sn63Pb37 Solder balls (various sizes)

Is there anything else I might need and/or do i need to upgrade anything in my list (please don't say the Honton but please let me know what you think of it (is it ok or not)

Honton HT-R932

Saike 898D soldering station

Kingbo RMA-218 flux
    Amtech NC-559-ASM flux
    Amtech 4300/LF-4300-TF
    Insat Super Flux (liquid)

goot wick CP-3515

1x Didital Thermometer 6802 II

1x K type fine wire thermocouple sensor/probe,1m, PFA, 260°C,Class 1(SLE) BGA, HVAC

Re: Tools for the job

Kingbo you really need an exrtactor to get rid of the fumes - make one with a pc fan and some ducting.
    Amtech, 90% of it is fake - not saying yours is.

as for the stuff from Insat that is illegally supplied without the proper safety labels and documents - well who knows what the hell is in it.
    although it's very high on the rosin content so dont breath it in.

Comment

Agree as above.

I use insat for lifting... I love the stuff! I use a mixture of Kingbo and Amtech for reballing... As stated though most Amtech is fake and if it is I wouldn't use it as a No-Clean as you just don't know what damage it will cause if left on!

Get another K type at least, OMEGA TC's are the best. The more the better as you can tell if you are getting uneven heat etc.

As stated above Extractor! Or at least a respirator if you work alone.

I assume you mean the Honton HT-R392? Honton are good machines!

Your soldering iron is a sleeve tip which isn't the best (I also use one) as the TC is embedded with the element which is a good way from the tip... So use a TC at the tip itself to find how far the temp is out and adjust accordingly

You are going to want IPA to clean up with, I also use MEK to remove tougher residues. Lint free wipes for wiping with

You will want Kapton and Aluminium tape to mask off areas. Aluminium tape will reflect IR but Kapton will absorb, Opposite way around for the HA
      Last edited by newtothis; 04-24-2015, 05:48 AM.

Comment

we dont encourage people to touch Methyl Keytone (MEK) here.
        it's too dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          we dont encourage people to touch Methyl Keytone (MEK) here.
          it's too dangerous.
          Had so many people say that to me but if you wear correct protection equipment and follow basic health and safety there should be no issues

Comment

Hi, yeah sorry, did mean R392. I've already got Kapton and Aluminium tape and a extractor and IPA, I did buy the Amtech flux from Amtech so I think its ok. Will get more TC's, MEK and wipes and take note about the soldering iron tip. One last thing, i see on some machines they have something that raps round the TC to make it ridged and fixed to the machine. Where do i get them from?

Comment

Originally posted by itsmeinit View Post
              Hi, yeah sorry, did mean R392. I've already got Kapton and Aluminium tape and a extractor and IPA, I did buy the Amtech flux from Amtech so I think its ok. Will get more TC's, MEK and wipes and take note about the soldering iron tip. One last thing, i see on some machines they have something that raps round the TC to make it ridged and fixed to the machine. Where do i get them from?
              Take it you are talking about a magnetic TC holder?

Holder Only - http://bgareworkstation.co.uk/access...ic-holder.html

With omega TC - http://bgareworkstation.co.uk/access...and-omega.html

Comment

saike are not bad smd's but they are copies of atten to which i sell http://bgareworkstation.co.uk/solder...en-at8586.html

mind if I ask what price have you been given on the honton ?. One thing to bear to mind Im U.K based and can answer emails on g.m.t not china time and if you need accessories i can put together package deals for you as well

Comment

Thanks newto, that's it, a metal snake lol, got 3 coming, I'll keep you in mind BGA, b4 i tell you the price, how much can you get the honton for and is it the original and not the messy fake

Comment

Thanks for the order . B.t.w the ts1 has the new magnetic base . Bigger magnets than before the hontons as advertised are sourced from a large manufacturer so they better be genuine otherwise that manufacturer will loose their right to sell in the e.u . As per site that is my best price. Products will be shipped first thing tomorrow. £725 is my price this includes shipping costs and because they are already here in the u.k there are no duty fees to pay
                    Last edited by BGA Rework Store; 04-24-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Dam! I was hoping you were going to say more as i bought one from insat, got ripped off by the looks of it, £845, wont be buying from him again, wish i found you 1st....Oh well, live and learn, if i need anything, I'm coming to you.

Comment

It happens to us all shame you already have it as you have the right to cancel under closed diatant selling laws . These are something I follow closely . Im doing somw promos this weekend 2 for 1 on solder balls and by the way my amtech is orginal not fake no holographic rubbish here newtothis can vouch as he got some from me plus its stored in a fridge so its all nice and good

Comment

Hi BGA
                          To much hassle taking it back, have you got any lint free wipes, if not, where can i get them

Comment

I havent because these are so cheap http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/22133...f14=108&ff19=0

Comment

Yeah get the Amtech from BGA Rework Store, Most ebay sellers have fake crap.

If it has a holographic sticker its fake.
                              If it doesn't have Manufacture date and EXP date its Fake

Comment

Hi, this may sound a bit silly but what does STEP mean as in STEP/0/600, is it another saying for R (ramp) I'm trying to set up a profile on a Honton r392, sorry for being such a noob

Comment

been through this in another thread, what is the make/model of the process controller your programming?

Comment

pc410

Comment

http://www.altec.cc/english/products...c900/PC900.htm

Comment

Anything and everything can be copied, they can make stickers, bottles and more

If you want to get Amtech buy it from an authorized distributor, contact Amtech for a list

Kingbo i would have to say is the 2nd best flux, its a lot cheaper than Amtech though so make sure to factor that in

Same thing with Kingbo get it from an authorized distributor

Comment

Working...
                                        X