Tracer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracer Question

Attached is a pic of the power supply board - BN44-00201A - out of a Samsung TV - I desoldered 2 caps with wick - had a little trouble with 1 leg and scraped the tracer lightly in the photos - appears cosmetic - 2 quick questions - The strip of solder shown and hole for cap are all on one big tracer - correct ? When I solder the new cap can the hole and strip can make contact ? ie can I bridge them with solder ? There was black paint and green coating between the hole and strip of solder - but now you can see the bare copper - sorry for the novice question just trying to be careful - Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Re: Tracer Question

it's all one connection, bridge it all you want.

Comment

Yep you can bridge it.

To be honest, with power traces like these, I've actually had a hard time trying to intentionally cut them. I have accidentally scraped them before, and it seems that the soldermask comes off. Of course, if you want to be sure it will work, just bridge it over.

-Ben
      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

OK Thanks - 1st time with a power supply board - never saw a tracer that wide - appreciate the response - seems either prior to or when they put the caps in and bend the legs over the board is marked (dotted) with black paint under the leg - not sure I've noticed it before on any other board - do not know what the reason is - mapping components ? quality control as they come off the line ? Actually the most curious about the trail of solder - Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X