PUHUI T870A Infrared BGA Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PUHUI T870A Infrared BGA Station

I have a T870A by Puhui and I'm having trouble with the temperatures when attempting to remove a GPU chip from a xbox 360.

I have the lower heater set to 140C and let the board reach a temp of 110C before I turn on the infrared heater that I have set to 240C.

The problem that I'm having is the temp that measures the top of the chip starts to get around 230C while the thermocouple that measure the temp and the board is around 200C and I can't get it to come up in temp without the thermocouple that measures the top of the chip shooting too high.

What am I doing wrong? Infrared heater too high, too low?

Please any advice would be appreciated.

Re: PUHUI T870A Infrared BGA Station

Move the thermocouple from the top of the chip to the side. You'll have a hard time though, the T-870A is too weak for such a big chip.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

So both thermocouples go down by the side of the chip?

Comment

Yes you can try that. But before that, i would try the following: Leave the board on preheat for longer, until it reaches 150C with bottom heat alone. Then start the top heater. See if that does the job.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Ok, sounds good I'll try that in the morning and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

Comment

there are reviews that say the temperature probes are very inacurate maybe try with a sepertate temperature tester etc.

Comment

I've already checked them against a cooking thermometer in a cup of hot water. they were accurate within 2-3C and were identical to each other

Comment

I've also checked with an IR thermometer while heating a board and the thermocouple was also reading within 2-3C of the IR thermometer

Comment

thats good then but worth a check.

Comment

I get the best lifts on xbox consoles when the board temp reaches 170-175C before the top heat kicks in.

Comment

Working...
                    X