Sound woofer board damaged/repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound woofer board damaged/repair

Hi, I have a Wharfedale subwoofer here for a repair attempt.
    My question is How can I repair the copper track on the board?.....and if you like details please read on. A piece of board track lifted up on the underside of a solder joint when removing a transistor from the board.

The woofer was making a deep static kind of noise in my flat when I first tested it. When I powered it on it would make a consistent loud humming buzzing kind of noise.
    In the house where it came from it would make a consistent and intermittent and slightly different kind of arcing popping static kind of noise - oh my goodness get it right I can't exactly describe this.
    During removing and testing the transistors the copper overlay on this subwoofer power board beneath one resistor lifted off and I want to repair it. I want to try to join the copper circuit on the board itself.
    I can not tell if I forced the copper off the board trying to desolder the three transistor pins perhaps missing one of the three pins leaving it cold causing the copper to stick to the cold solder, but I think I was being careful to use light pressure to push the transistor out of the board while desoldering.
    I should have used the spring loaded desolder tool first.
    So maybe the problem was that the copper piece that lifted off from beneath the solder joint was already loose, and if I can repair it I will learn if it was already loose beneath that transistor solder joint.
    How can I repair the copper track on the board?

Re: Sound woofer board damaged/repair

put a length of stiff copper wire over it.

Comment

Working...
    X