X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A deep-dive on TS100.

Thank you.....Is this one?
    https://github.com/Ralim/ts100 ts100.zip

we are not alone, TS100 clubs all over the world.

Upgrading your ts100 iron
    This is completely safe, if it goes wrong just put the .hex file from the official website onto the unit and your back to the old firmware
    Hold the button closest to the tip, and plug in the USB to the computer.
    The unit will appear as a USB drive.
    Drag the .hex file onto the USB drive.
    The unit will disconnect and reconnect.
    The filename will have changed to end in .RDY or .ERR .
    If it ends with .RDY your done! Otherwise something went wrong.
    If it went wrong try on a windows computer, some Mac / Linux machines do not play well with their boot loader. PIC1

Firmware of TS100 single button operation(accelerated sensors application)
    Source code: TS100 - V2.1S APP: APP21S.rar
    Attached Files

Comment

Ive changed T work from 300 to 250 prevent tip discoloration. work on Linux.

Ts100 is smaller than a pan if it without tip.

Had an idea is put a min reed relay, if pick up will wake up like kill relay. use microcontroller INT pin to do it, then this is almost like A Soldering Station.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by capwizard; 12-21-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

you dont need a relay, it has that function already by using the gyro chip.

Comment

If price at $10,000 I will do it.

Competition time: From now until March 1, 2017

Requirements (Very Important !!!):
          1, we provide TS100 tip general interface T1 detailed size, participants in the T1 interface based on the design of various accessories, such as: heat sets, iron stand, lights, anti-skid handle;
          2, Participants can provide hand-drawn design drawings, renderings, computer design documents, 3D print samples and even in kind, the information provided by the more detailed, the higher the chance of winning;
          3, the same contestants may publish multiple entries, all works must be the original or partner.
          Participants:
          Sign in miniware.com.cn Forum TS100 Soldering iron area (Chinese and English area can be) post entry, the entry should be posted in the subject before the note [T1 interface] / [T1 PORT].

Selected works:
          From miniware.com.cn comprehensive selection, from the entries of practicality, the use of effects, production difficulty, product appearance and other aspects of rating, selected to meet the requirements of the entries and cash to reward. The results will be announced within 15 working days after the termination date.

reward:
          Contribution Award: RMB ¥ 3,000 (431.57 US Dollar) (adopt the design and put into actual production)
          Creative Award: RMB ¥ 1,000 (part of the adoption of design elements)
          Special statement:
          1, the selection results may appear the same level tied for more than winners, or the level of no winners;
          2, the judges will take into account the multi-faceted design work and feasibility, contestants shall not make any complaints on the results of the selection;
          3, this entry copyright as an open copyright, the organizers of the event will retain all the interpretation of this event.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by capwizard; 12-21-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

YES...........T12 tips works on TS100. ...............

on a daily basis abuse user.

FOR REFERENCE ONLY:
            https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10PC...4-1960247d814e
            Attached Files
            Last edited by capwizard; 12-21-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Sti Thank you again. "you dont need a relay, it has that function already by using the gyro chip."

Ifthe IC inscribed with 652 is MMA8652FC, that will be awesome. With 3-Axis and12-bit Digital Accelerometer, you could sense every slightest move of thesoldering iron.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by capwizard; 12-21-2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

The most fun part is the firmware. first peek this, can't find English version yet...

TS100 open source file description - interface management.............First PDF file
                TS100 open source file description - Control management

PS: they pretty much open the heart and give to you. If dont understand the language, copy and paste to Google Translate.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by capwizard; 12-22-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

more fun picture.......

Pic 3 : design your own logo
                  Attached Files

Comment

I almost gonna do what he just did, CUT IT OPEN.........I have saved $10
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to Mr. Sti once again : have found the official forum with firmware updates etc.
                      http://www.minidso.com/forum.php?mod...display&fid=67

Ive posted this on their official forum, now both of us can have crossfire, hope more people will know this product......
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by capwizard; 12-22-2016, 09:24 AM.

Comment

If we adopt the design. We can carve your name on the product.

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
                            Thank you.....Is this one?
                            https://github.com/Ralim/ts100 ts100.zip

we are not alone, TS100 clubs all over the world.

Upgrading your ts100 iron
                            This is completely safe, if it goes wrong just put the .hex file from the official website onto the unit and your back to the old firmware
                            Hold the button closest to the tip, and plug in the USB to the computer.
                            The unit will appear as a USB drive.
                            Drag the .hex file onto the USB drive.
                            The unit will disconnect and reconnect.
                            The filename will have changed to end in .RDY or .ERR .
                            If it ends with .RDY your done! Otherwise something went wrong.
                            If it went wrong try on a windows computer, some Mac / Linux machines do not play well with their boot loader.
                            Hello fellow Badcaps forum members,
                            I created the above-linked firmware image (on Github).
                            Just wanted to make a small comment that I am open to ideas for extra features for the firmware (flag an issue on Github / email me/ comment here).

More than happy to look into adding extra features as people come up with them

Comment

"I am open to ideas for extra features for the firmware."

Please let us know how can we learn to modify the firmware for A beginner and how did you do that?............

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
                                "I am open to ideas for extra features for the firmware."

Please let us know how can we learn to modify the firmware for A beginner and how did you do that?............
                                I have used the STM32 devices a little bit beforehand so it wasn't tooo bad.
                                If you have a background with C/C++ most of it is fairly easy to understand (If you don't, probably easier to walk through some tutorials).

For history :

The original firmware was written to be compiled in IAR, which costs $$$.
                                openstm32.org have created System Workbench for STM32. Which is a nicely packaged up eclipse + compiler setup for the STM32 series of processors. Built upon GCC, which is not as amazing at optimisation as IAR, but its FOSS.

First I use STM CubeMX from STM, which lets you load the pinouts for a chip and generate setup code for the chip. I setup the pinmap to match the schematics that miniDSO released for the TS100. This then allowed me to check that they did indeed put the I2C bus on pins that can actually drive I2C (original software bit-banged the bus in software). They also did put the mosfet control for the heating element on a hardware PWM capable pin.

From there I took their original code and commented through it to understand how it functioned. This included a lot of head scratching to figure out why the created some of the code how they did (almost all functions were done in software, no special hardware usage).

Once I understood the rough flow of the original software, I started working on getting it to compile in the systemWorkbench software. Which was only a few minor changes to the build system. However GCC could not compile their existing firmware to fit onto the IC (As the USB drive function required about 32K of flash to store the USB system). I had begun this project looking to remove the USB requirement for changing settings on the unit, so quickly cutting the code for this out was a no-brainer.

With the USB removed the code now fitted into the flash on the device, so I uploaded the .hex file using the bootloader, which worked (ie the unit still functioned, however no USB).

Skipping over a few nights of progressively changing the unit, I basically went through all of their functions and replaced / re-write most of them to use hardware features.

How to edit
                                For editing / adding features to the unit, I have attempted to create functions for access to most of the features inside the unit. I am more than willing to add more if required.

To edit the code you will need to install the system workbench software. Then use the "import existing project into workspace"
                                Once the project has been imported you should be able to build the software, and in the output folder will be a .hex file you can load onto the soldering iron.

^ There are a few tutorials online for getting started with the STM32 online, and I basically used these for alot of the process.

Comment

You're a Good hacker. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I really appreciate your hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralim View Post
                                    I have used the STM32 devices a little bit beforehand so it wasn't tooo bad.
                                    If you have a background with C/C++ most of it is fairly easy to understand (If you don't, probably easier to walk through some tutorials).

For history :

The original firmware was written to be compiled in IAR, which costs $$$.
                                    openstm32.org have created System Workbench for STM32. Which is a nicely packaged up eclipse + compiler setup for the STM32 series of processors. Built upon GCC, which is not as amazing at optimisation as IAR, but its FOSS.

First I use STM CubeMX from STM, which lets you load the pinouts for a chip and generate setup code for the chip. I setup the pinmap to match the schematics that miniDSO released for the TS100. This then allowed me to check that they did indeed put the I2C bus on pins that can actually drive I2C (original software bit-banged the bus in software). They also did put the mosfet control for the heating element on a hardware PWM capable pin.

From there I took their original code and commented through it to understand how it functioned. This included a lot of head scratching to figure out why the created some of the code how they did (almost all functions were done in software, no special hardware usage).

Once I understood the rough flow of the original software, I started working on getting it to compile in the systemWorkbench software. Which was only a few minor changes to the build system. However GCC could not compile their existing firmware to fit onto the IC (As the USB drive function required about 32K of flash to store the USB system). I had begun this project looking to remove the USB requirement for changing settings on the unit, so quickly cutting the code for this out was a no-brainer.

With the USB removed the code now fitted into the flash on the device, so I uploaded the .hex file using the bootloader, which worked (ie the unit still functioned, however no USB).

Skipping over a few nights of progressively changing the unit, I basically went through all of their functions and replaced / re-write most of them to use hardware features.

How to edit
                                    For editing / adding features to the unit, I have attempted to create functions for access to most of the features inside the unit. I am more than willing to add more if required.

To edit the code you will need to install the system workbench software. Then use the "import existing project into workspace"
                                    Once the project has been imported you should be able to build the software, and in the output folder will be a .hex file you can load onto the soldering iron.

^ There are a few tutorials online for getting started with the STM32 online, and I basically used these for alot of the process.
                                    Wow. Very impressive. You documentation and github project are great. I was able to build TS100 within 15 min.

Comment

Interesting thread. I wonder why the TS100 portable iron seems to have better thermal performance than AC powered T12 stations. It's more than twice as fast.

This one also uses STM32 and takes 17 seconds. Obviously, a different circuit than TS100 but maybe could be improved.

https://youtu.be/n8pu6du0ftY

Comment

Working...
                                      X