X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your system.......

Main system: (build by me 2/04)
    P4 Northwood 800FSB 2.8Ghz @ 3.5Ghz
    Albatron 865PE Pro II (recapped w/nichicon HE)
    1024MB PC3200 PQI turbo 2.5-3-3-7
    BFG FX5200 Ultra (383/763)
    19in CRT Env!sion
    Aspire X-dreamer II (silver)
    2yr old Turbolink 350watt (L&C)
    6 80mm case fans
    160GB WD
    NEC 16x dvd-rw
    speakers: Logitech x-620 (6.1)
    Onboard 7.1 sound (Via ENVY 24-PT)
    Future upgrade: Sapphire X1600Pro 256MB

Laptop:
    HP Omnibook 6000
    PIII 1000MHz/700MHz
    ram:256MB
    floppy drive
    no battery
    screen blurs when moved

Dad's computer
    HP with Asus mobo
    PII 350MHz
    Ram: 256MB

Brother's system
    asrock Mobo
    sempron 2500+@ 2.0GHz
    OCZ PC4000 256MB
    onboard video
    17in ctr
    1996 Gateway 2000 case
    3 case fans
    250watt dell psu (I think it is better than my turbolink)
    speakers: kenwood 600watt 5.1
    wireless LAN
    Last edited by willawake; 03-17-2006, 06:55 PM. Reason: typo (friendly edit)

Comment

some pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Two Warnings tylerlough; do not install the harddrive at a tilted angle, it is very dangerous for the heads can crash due to having to work in an inclination. Any kind of 90° angle is fine but never tilted

Also make sure that those capacitors in your L&C are fine, failed capacitors in an L&C can cause catastrophic failure!
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I will have to change how that drive is installed, I did that to allow the two fans in the front to blow directly on the bottom.

That L&C had 3 of its caps replaced when I did the mobo recap

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Well....in light of the recent Folding fun, I thought I'd post my toys. I left out the boring stuff like cases, PSs, and drives. Pics will follow. I just got off work and the only thing I'm interested in lifting is the glass of 7&7.

1 – Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X, P3 933MHz, 500MB Crucial CAS 2, ATI Radeon 8500 64MB, SB Audigy Gamer, 3Com Etherlink 3 3C509B

2 - ABIT IC7-G MAXII, 3.0GHz P4, 1GB Corsair (PC 3200), ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB, on-board audio and Gigabit ethernet

3 - ABIT AT8 32X, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 4GB CORSAIR XMS (4 x 1GB) (PC 3200), ATI Radeon X1600PRO 512MB, on-board audio and Gigabit ethernet

4 – Abit VP6, dual P3(FC-PGA) 1GHz, 2GB Crucial CAS 2, ATI Radeon 8500 64MB, SB PCI 128, Tekram 390UW, DC1000w/DV, Linksys LNE100TX

5 – Abit VP6, dual P3(FC-PGA2) 1GHz, 1GB Crucial CAS 2, ATI Radeon 7200 32MB, SB Live, Linksys LNE100TX

Wrapping it all together: 19” ADI monitor, MS ErgoKeyboard, Logitech Mousman Optical working through a Belkin OmniView 4 port KVM, and the talkie-talkie stuff going through a Netgear GS608 Gigabit switch.
            "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
            AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch0069
              3 - ABIT AT8 32X, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 4GB CORSAIR XMS (4 x 1GB) (PC 3200), ATI Radeon X1600PRO 512MB, on-board audio and Gigabit ethernet
              Hey Mikey how good does that ATI X1600Pro run, any heat issues.
              I'm looking at Getting the Sapphire version of that card
              How is it for games? Can you run alot at max or close?
              Does that AVIVO thing work like it should?
              If it does is it really that useful.
              Thanks in advance

Comment

Hey tyler...I'm usually not so late in getting back to people, but I was in transit the last couple days.

I haven't run any games yet. I don't even have temp monitoring set up yet. Right now, about the only thing I can tell you is that if it were me, I would stay as far away from sapphire as possible. I had a sappy radeon 9something hundred. It took me a week to get the right combo of drivers and the console SW to get it working right. On top of that, the DVI NEVER worked. Neither the saps or the place I bought it from gave a tinker's damn about it. So I just flat stick with "Built by ATI"

I'm going to try a couple games here. I'm not up on all the testing stuff that will and TC know, so I might not be to good of a source.......but I'll try.

Cheers

Comment

Well, it's actually Sapphire that makes the "Built by ATI" cards too so :P
                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

New system:
                    Mainboard: Biostar Tforce 6100-939
                    HDD: WD 40Gb
                    RAM: 2-512 Corsair XMS
                    CDRW: Liteon 52x32x52
                    PSU: AMS Mercury PP-44603
                    CPU: A64 3500+
                    Beige Box.
                    Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Aha! A "post your system"...I hadn't done this yet.

We have five machines here that could be considered to be 'in one piece':

1. The Emergency Computer (ie. the last thing you'd want to use in an emergency). It's a very beaten up old K7S5A Pro in an old compaq box.

2 & 3. The kids have each 'built' their own machine. Both use AMD XP-M CPUs on a VIA KT600 chipset motherboard. Since the machines are practically only used for gaming (and very rarely, homework ), they both have a graphics card installed. (ATI Radeon 9800Pro by MSI and 9600Pro by Asus)

4. My 'very own' workstation as it currently stands:

- AMD Opteron 165
                      - Tyan S2865G2NR board
                      - 2x512M Kingston ECC RAM
                      - 2 x WD Caviar RE 160M on the sata
                      - LiteON/Supermicro PSU Model 0060 (You saw that one coming!)
                      - Hercules Fortissimo 4 sound card
                      - All contained in a Yeong Yang W201B server box
                      - Printer, monitor, surge protector, bits & bobs, etc etc.

5. My wife's machine, the 'connected one':

- AMD Athlon 64 3000-series CPU
                      - MSI K8N Neo2 motherboard
                      - 4x256M Corsair Valueselect
                      - 200M IDE, 160M and 80M sata drives, all WD Caviar SE
                      - Enermax 'Coolergiant' 480W PSU
                      - Asus nVIDIA Geforce 6800 GPU
                      - Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card
                      - Hauppauge video capture card
                      - All contained in an Inwin X710 tower
                      - Even more bits and bobs than my machine.

Comment

I have a problem with my bits and bobs.
                        Each one seems to have a wire attached.
                        They wrap around me so when I stand up the computer gets pulled off the desk.
                        Even the seat I sit in is fully wired.
                        I may be like a cyborg or something..
                        Jim

Comment

bits and bobs????? WTH is that?
                          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                          http://folding.stanford.edu/
                          Team : 49813
                          Join in!!
                          Team Stats

Comment

I have a problem with my bits and bobs. Each one seems to have a wire attached.
                            hey this is a family forum
                            capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

bits and bobs????? WTH is that?

its an English thing....I think.

Originally posted by Per
                              Well, it's actually Sapphire that makes the "Built by ATI" cards too so :P
                              Well....not on my 9200 (i think that was the model#). I had the crap from Sapphire that was "Built with ATI technology" and one from ATI that was "Built by ATI" and they were quite different boards. I have always used ATI and never had a problem. I've done some nVidia and "Built with ATI technology" boards (trying to help friends who did not head my advice) and had nothing but frustration. On the same token, I've heard of people having good luck with them as well as some having bad. I've just been unlucky with them.
                              Last edited by stretch0069; 05-09-2006, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch0069
                                its an English thing....I think.
                                Absolutely! I'm practically addicted to bits and bobs.

It's funny how often I'm led into thinking that any particular expression (many of which I use all the time) is "international English", when in fact it may be typically British.

After all, it's much easier to spot this:

Americans often use expression X, unlike other English speakers, hence X must be typically American.

than this:

I've never noticed any American using expression Y, hence Y may be an idiom they're not familiar with.

Perhaps most surprising of all is how often people can see that I'm not American merely by my style of writing, despite the fact that I always do the utmost to make my English seem "international". I'm totally not aware of it myself, but I must be betraying my origins even without having to use such silly expressions as "Jolly good show, old boy".

Comment

stretch0069; I did not mean to say that Sapphire does not also make their own customized boards, but they along with those also makes the real "Built by ATI" cards... Atleast it was like that a few years ago when I was revieweing stuff... Sapphire told me themselves so...

tiresias; The "Location: Netherlands" kinda gives you away dont'ya think? :P

Comment

Originally posted by tiresias
                                    Absolutely! I'm practically addicted to bits and bobs.

It's funny how often I'm led into thinking that any particular expression (many of which I use all the time) is "international English", when in fact it may be typically British.

After all, it's much easier to spot this:

Americans often use expression X, unlike other English speakers, hence X must be typically American.

than this:

I've never noticed any American using expression Y, hence Y may be an idiom they're not familiar with.

Perhaps most surprising of all is how often people can see that I'm not American merely by my style of writing, despite the fact that I always do the utmost to make my English seem "international". I'm totally not aware of it myself, but I must be betraying my origins even without having to use such silly expressions as "Jolly good show, old boy".
                                    Interesting explanation, but that still doesnt tell me what the hell 'bits and bobs' are..... LOL
                                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                    http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                    Team : 49813
                                    Join in!!
                                    Team Stats

Comment

back to topic, these are my system:

EpoX 9NPA | A64 3000+ Venice | Corsair Value 2x 518MB | HIS X300SE (OST craps, ough..) | Seagate 120GB SATA | Liteon DVDRW | Silverstone Strider 400W

Epox 8GF6100-M | A64 3000+ | Kingston 518MB | Seagate 120GB SATA | Liteon DVDRW | Silverstone Strider 360W

Epox 8K3A | AXP 1700+ | Visipro 256MB | R9700 Pro | Seagate 80GB PATA | Asus CDRW 4012a | Thermaltake TWV 480W

Abit NF7S | Duron 1800MHz | Seitec 256MB | Powercolor GF2MX400 | Liteon CRROM 52x | Samsung 40GB | HEC 250W

Abit KT7 | Nvidia NV1 PCI VGA | Visipro 128MB | Quantum Fireball 1.2GB :P |

and many more for sale, easy come easy go
                                      days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Just thought I'd add the minimal bench build pic:

Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Bread boarding?
                                          Jim

Comment

Working...
                                          X