Geforce 6800gt VGA missing red output signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Geforce 6800gt VGA missing red output signal

That's why I pick them up with a toothpick with a tiny bit of gel flux on it.
    Otherwise... yeah when they fly away, good luck finding them. For me it's even harder, as I have a thick carpet on the floor. It's white (thankfully) and not those off-white or gray carpets that tend to hide everything you drop on them.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
      You'll need a soldering iron with a sharp tip. The tip doesn't necessarily need to be small. It just needs to be sharp. Chisel and bevel-shaped tips should be easier to use over regular conical/pencil. The one on my iron is spoon-shaped (cheap copper tip that wore into a spoon over time, but it works great for SMD stuff.)

As for the inductors... just put piece of wire in their place or a 0-Ohm SMD resistor. It's not an ideal solution (may or may not cause slight color imperfection or possibly noise/blurriness at very high resolutions), but it will get the card working, at least.
      Will I have to solder 4 wires for the two missing inductors?

Comment

If you can, YES.

I think only two of those are really needed to get an image, though (two of them are simply grounds.) But again, skipping the two grounds on those may deteriorate the image even further.

Comment

Working...
        X