This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, my name is Matt. I joined this site looking to find information on how to fix the 55" Vizio TV I got. I realized it was the power supply and realized I need help.

Comment

Hi all,

I found this board looking for a tv component problem and confirmed the solution almost immediately. Thanks for establishing such a great resource

Ej

Comment

Hello,

I'm here to figure out an issue with a TV I inherited (for free!). Looking forward to get to know this community - seems like a good one.

-LD

Comment

Hi, I'm new. My name is Parker. I pretty much just can't find any information that I actually need on youtube or google so I went in search of an online community for help! This website seems legit!

Comment

Hi, all.
            I'm new to the site. Found this site while searching for info about replacement caps for my Asus Mobo. I will be posting the issue as soon as I have permission to do so. This looks like a great site so far. Happy I joined.

Mark

Comment

Hi All my name is Joe from the lovely state of California, and I just like to tinker with electronics, I might be asking a lot of questions at time only because I'm very curious and like to be sure and understand what I am reading, thanks in advance for all the help from this site
              Have a blessed day

Comment

Hello - just joined to get some help diagnosing a TV issue. I'm really terrible at introductions, so glad my first post will an awkward one. Thanks for that. :P

Comment

well I live in iowa have always fixed anything broken no formal training just some understanding and a dad that forced me to work on tube type tvs. pretty much hated it funny how times change. got back into electronics when xbox360 red rind of death came around after fixing a few hundred of them got into lcd tvs and here I am. great wealth of knowledge this site contains glad I found it.

Comment

New member here. Just looking to get some troubleshooting advice on a bum TV. Will post there shortly.
                    -Keith

Comment

New member! Just saying hi. I'm a Technical Director here in San Antonio, TX and love taking things apart/fixing/breaking stuff. So I think I'll fit right in here.

Comment

Hi from a newbie in UK

Hi guys,

I've been in computing since papertape, teletypes and green screens. My first computer was an Ohio Scientific Superboard II (600 CPU board) in 1979 which I quickly tired of programming in BASIC and moved to assembler. I foolishly I threw it in a skip when I last moved house.
                        I've worked as a hardware test & design engineer and software developer but ended up making a living in networking.
                        I'm now starting to get into vintage computing and have colected a few old relics and I'm also repairing a collection of arcade boards from back in the 1980's.

Regards
                        Graham
                        Tune for Maximum Smoke

Comment

Hy guys,

I'm an computer technician from Portugal and found this forum searching on google, and already help me in some things. Love computers world and repair stuff.

Glad to be onboard and hope the best for this community.

Best regards from Portugal

Comment

Hi, I've been tinkering around repairing mostly laptops for about 20 years. No formal education to speak of just what I've picked up from others and read. I joined this site to learn more about LCD & LED TV repair.

Comment

Hello, I'm just trying my hand at component level repair. Been lurking these boards for a longtime and can't wait to learn more!

Comment

G'Day. I've just found this site and it looks quite interesting. I have a background in Electronics and Communication, in Australia and a few other odd spots. I'am retired but try to keep up with electronics in general by fiddling with all manner of stuff.

Comment

I signed up to find out how to repair my Pioneer plasma TV. I don't want to give up on it just yet and I've already found a lot of useful information on here. I'm no electronics expert and some of the stuff you guys talk about is way over my head but I'll stick around and maybe learn something.

Comment

Hello Guys I am John and i have a problem on my Asus X200CA the power voltage is fluctuating. so i searched on google and i happen to found this forum. It seems very interesting so i sign up here to learn more knowledge about electronics. thank you for accepting me here Godbless

Comment

hello from France
                                      i'm steph i live in NICE
                                      i have problem with plasma lg tv
                                      i hope find solution
                                      bye

Comment

Hello, There's a ton of useful information at this site, and I am looking for help in diagnosing my very sick plasma tv. I'm a welder and a tinkerer and just stumbled across this site.

Comment

Hello,
                                          my name is Peter and I live in Ft. Lauderdale/FL
                                          I am en Electronic Engineer, working on Industrial Electronics and Hi Def. Video Surveillance Systems. Have more than 20 years of field experience, speak English, Spanish and German. I want to improve my knowledge on component level repairs and at the same time share my experience with others.
                                          Special interests: Aerobatics, Extreme Video

Comment

Working...
                                          X