X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone,

I found this forum after looking for ways to fix a Sharp LCD TV (LC-32AV22U) and finding this thread on Google (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26048).

The community looks legit and I'm sure I will be frequenting here often.

M

Comment

Hell All,

I started fixing my tvs and now I am a part-time tv repair tech. There are still a lot to learn. I found this website is a very useful resource, even for an experienced tv repair technician.

I hope this is the place and can learn from all of you and also share my humble experience and knowledge when possible.

Comment

Hi all - stumbled on this site looking for connection details to a camera that's laying around at work. It helped so thought I'd stick around for a while I've been playing around with electronics ever since I burned my fingers on a tube in my parents B&W TV.

Comment

Hello All, I'm Barry....found this forum looking for info on troubleshooting the icb's on my son's tv and was impressed with how folks really wanted to help...so here i am...looking to learn!

Comment

Hello all. I've been fixing (or dismantling) electronics since I was in high school. Found this place looking for repair info for an APC Back-UPS XS 1500.

Comment

Hello . My name is john and I have dabbled in electronics for some years off and on. I sure am not an expert but have some knowledge in electronic repair having restored old tube radios an console radios. I stumbled across this forum and am glad I did as I am having sound crackling problems in my Olevia 232s12 tv.
              I thought I may pick up some tip here before I dive into it. Thank you for having me as a member. Buzzbomb-john

Comment

Hello guys, i'm so huppy to join your forums. I was searching for capacitors Kits and trublesootings and now i'm new member.

I will learn more about computer electronics.

My name is Pantelis Tsapos birthday 3 Septeber 1967.

Married and have 2 children.

Comment

Hi. I'm Bruno from Spain. I'm 44 and don't really know much about electronics. But my Samsung plasma stop working two days ago and I need all the help I can get to try to fix it and save some precious money. That's why I'm here. Sorry for my poor english, btw.

Comment

Hello, my name is Tony and I'm usually working on the software side of computers but enjoy tinkering with hardware in spare time. Half the time the victims are worse off than when I started but I'm getting there and hope to put some of the knowledge from this site to good use.

Comment

Hello All,

I found this site through Google looking for repair help with my panasonic.

Reading some of the posts about various power electronics and others fields, this place is no joke.

Thank you for the opportunity to learn.

David

Comment

Greetings from bigdotbob (John)

Hi From bigdotbob (John) I'm new to this forum. I am originally from Cullman Alabama but currently live near Trinity Alabama. I currently work as an engineering tech at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville Alabama. I am a HAM radio (General Class) operator and have a pretty decent background in electronics. Normally I try to repair my own devices when they fail but sometimes, you have to ask for help. I have experience with Laptop repair, PC repair, iPod and media player repair, and some game system repair. I have worked on Longbow Hellfire 2 missiles and modified test sets used to troubleshoot M1A1 Tanks and Bradley vehicles. I have a 2 year electronics degree.

Comment

Hey all! I like to fix stuff, rather than throw it.

Last thing I fixed was my RT-N16 router which had a bad cap; working like new now!

I am now in possession of a 24" LCD which isn't working correctly so I found a thread on here which I'm hoping will assist me with a fix.

Cheerio!

Comment

Hi my name is Gary and I'm a junk collector. I find things that look in good condition and try to fix them, then I give them away. After all I did get it for free and whats the cost for a few parts to fix it? I'm not in business so I can't warranty it. I know people to this day that can't afford a flat screen TV and they work their butts off so SURPRISE I picked this thing off the curb and several caps later it works. AMAZING! Still amazed that I get things to work. Oh sure I get zapped from time to time but when it's my time to go at least I know it won't hurt. How do I know this? Well back in the tube days I pulled the cap off the power tube to ground it (that was around 10:30 am) well their was this pretty whitish blue light that went off in my head. I got up off the floor around midnight, oh sure my right arm clear up to the top of my head throbbed, but that's because I was alive! Some might call it luck that that metal shelf was inches from the right side of my head, then again!?! I'm happy I found badcaps because I'm tinkering with a fairly new flat panel junk tv I picked off the curb.

Comment

Just like to say hello, from Syracuse New York. Had a TV repair business for 30 years, also worked large main frame computer systems. recently retired and enjoying life. I still try to keep my hand in TV repair for friends and family.

Comment

Im Justin. I'm repairing an ASUS U47VC and found a post here that helped me out, so I decided to join.

Comment

Hi my name is lreilly5. I have been servicing consumer electronics on a hobbyist level for about 35 years. I build all my own computers and with the help of the internet am able to fix most of my own (along w/ family and friends) electronics. I look forward to the information shared in these forums.

Comment

Well I am new to this technology forum. I started with computers with the original Macintosh. I have a little experience with components but am certainly out of my league here. I found a Samsung B2330 on craig's list that has a dim screen. I am retired from GM from their engineering staff mostly working with durability issues at the desert proving grounds in AZ. Did a few searches and found that the capacitors were a common problem. Can't see anything visual with the capacitors so of course I am looking for additional help. I paid $10 so I'm not out much - just looking to learn and stay active after retirement. Glad to be with such a vast mount of experience. Thanks

Comment

Hello there, I am 32 years old from Malta. I have vast experience with repair of boards down to component level and also on replacing SOP, QFP, QFN and BGA chips.

I have joined this forum to be able to get help mostly on laptop motherboard repairs. Thanks

Comment

Hello all!

My name is Eduardo, and I'm a 22 years old student from Spain. I'm familiar with electronics as I'm finishing my four year degree in Electronic Engineering. I like to repair the things that I've found had gone off in my house since I was a child, specially the electrical ones. And regardind to badcaps I have some monitors that have some failures and I want to repair them , for what having some help would be precious. So I've joined this community to ask and contribute when I get involved in repairing and troubleshooting monitors.

Comment

Hello BADCAPS members, what an excellent source of information. Thanks to all for your contributions, I hope to be of help in this community for others to return the favor.

~Stephen

Comment

Working...
                                          X