This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello my name is Wade and I like to Solder and fix thing's whenever I can and I have a few questions I wanted to ask on this forum.

Comment

Greetings BADCAPers,

What a great treasure trove of information, thanks to all that contribute.

-Stephen

Comment

What up all? Old enough to have owned, used and taken apart tube t.v.'s and transistor am radios in my youth, Amstrad 8086 pcs in the 80's and an LG tv this week. Still need to get better with a multi meter. Talk to you soon.

Comment

Hello world! The only true nerd on the Caribbean Island of Sint Maarten checking in

I landed on the forum to gather tips on how to fix a TV that's lost the magic smoke, but I've been tinkering with PC's for a long time, and might even be able to offer up some advice of my own. Mod on guys!

Comment

Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum so looking forward .

Comment

Hi from New Zealand,

I'm a member of the NZ vintage computer club. http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/
              I'm a daily user of PCs, and in my collection I have a few Acorn BBC Micro's and RISC machines. I think it's a shame to throw out an otherwise useful electronic device if it's just got a bad power supply (due to bad capacitors) that's easily repairable. I've limited but competent experience with a soldiering iron and figure I'll also give motherboards a go now too.

Great site, look forward to asking and answering some questions.

Bert

Comment

I am dunnagerat@yahoo.com
                I am 62 years old with a TV problem found this forum searching for my problem.
                I just like to try to fix things myself, some time it will work and save money.
                Sometimes it cost more than I would have thought.
                I am not as smart as I see many here are and I feel thankful to be able to seek information to repair the TV.
                I like to thank all that can help me with my problem.

Comment

I have a 2012 Samsung LN40E550F7FXZA
                  It just went off as I turned it on.
                  I found a fuse that was blown
                  Ordered the fuses it blew it again
                  I found two ears on the back light inverter that were broken
                  Ordered a new one and installed it.
                  Now the red light is on, and here to sound of the TV coming on.
                  I take it to a repair shop to find out what I need to do to get working.
                  I pay $50.00 to have him tell me I need a T CON board I ordered one
                  It do not do anything different, still no picture so now it think it is the tubes itself.
                  I think my next step is to talk it all the down and inspect it.
                  Is there anything I need to look for and if so where can I find it?
                  Thank you for your time

Comment

Hello!
                    I was looking for some solutions for repairing double image problem in samsung led tv.
                    Apparently, the problem is bad connection on the display panel from T- Controller board.
                    Anybody repaired such connecters?
                    Please do not refer the youtube cellotape repairs!

Comment

Hello. I joined because I'm in the process if fixing my Samsung 204B for the second time and your site came up in Google with many instructive posts.

Comment

looking for help on my tv in my man cave

Comment

Hi, my name is Steve. I am not new to electronics but am just beginning to get involved with smd/BGA rework on laptop motherboards. I found some info on here and it doesn't seem to be working for me. Very little info anywhere on the internet. So came back here to ask atound.

Comment

Hello to all. I love repairing down to the part level. I don't like replacing entire modules 'cuz that's boring and $$ costly. I just joined to get help repairing a Hanns-G monitor for my son. Hope I can get it going.

Comment

Hi Carl here, started out in the B&w days and on to the AWA 4ka"s what fun now redundant and looking to keep hand in and a reliable sources of infomation. currently restoring old radios for a living if you can call it that.

Comment

My friends call me Nemo, short for NeMesiS.
                                Xbox modder, refurbisher & gamer

Comment

hello everyone, im Altraq Computer, not really my real name instead name of my computer service center, i just joined because its really helpful to us as a computer technician here in my place.

Comment

Hello! My name's Yura. I'm 34.
                                    I'm from Russia, Yekaterinburg.
                                    I work in a Service Centre.
                                    I've been doing TV-repair work for about 14 years.

Comment

Hello guys, i'm so huppy to join your forums. I was searching for capacitors Kits and trublesootings and now i'm new member.

I will learn more about computer electronics.

My name is Pantelis Tsapos birthday 3 Septeber 1967.

Married and have 2 children.

Comment

Hello guys, i'm so huppy to join your forums. I was searching for capacitors Kits and trublesootings and now i'm new member.

I will learn more about computer electronics.

My name is Pantelis Tsapos birthday 3 Septeber 1967.

Married and have 2 children.

Comment

Hey all, new member here. I'm really new to diving this deep into components, though I have many years in building PCs etc. Look forward to the wealth of knowledge this forum has to offer! Thanks for making it available!

Comment

Working...
                                          X