This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi cappers. I've been working as a tech in Michigan for a while but don't have a lot of experience with component level troubleshooting. I ran into this site while working on a TV and it's been a great resource!

Comment

Im new thanks for any help guys. enjoy your community i hope i do too.

Comment

Hello everyone! I am from Illinois! I bought a Vizio 55" M551D-A2 more than a year ago. I bought it because has 3D but I have problems with it now and it already out of the warranty. I hope I could get help here.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, I am here to learn. Thank you!

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Juanfra, from Italy. Electro-mechanical engineering, with a passion for electronics and computers.
            Born in Chile 58 years ago, lived 20 years in Argentina and today in Alessandria, Italy.

Good job to everybody!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello to everyone!

greetings!

Comment

Hi all,

this is Chris from Germany

Please be patient... I have to learn a looooooottttttt :-)

Best regards

Comment

Hello!!
                    My name is Rick, and I am in the Portland Oregon area. I have worked and studied electronics for a long time. Ever since I saw my Dad pull vacuum tubes to test at the local grocery store to test, I have loved electronics!! I hope to be helpful when I can to other members of this forum. Thanks!!

Comment

Greetings from Russia!

Comment

Hi friends
                        this is Nani from north Greece, serres
                        41 years old, electronic technician
                        very goode forum
                        important and valuable information here

Comment

I'm mlop7123, from Spain, I replace bad caps in my spare time.

Comment

I am Mohamed from Algeria I fix laptops/Desktops for a living, been in this business for the past 3 years, and i want to learn more and more all the time.
                            my focus is repairing motherboards.
                            my dream in this business is owning a badass german made lazer guided fully automated reflow/rework station.

Comment

Hello, joining again after a couple of years of being away. Couldn't remember my old login and my emails don't seem to generate any responses from the recognition system so just restarted. Still diddling with caps.....

Comment

Hi Guys

Call me 'Keith on the Heath' if you wish. I'm a retired Englander with a Royal Navy avionics background who loves to breath life back into poorly machines, TVs, etc. I do have a 'head scratcher' with a Technika TV at present, but I'll look at the forum before troubling you with it.

Good to be on board!

Comment

Lightning struck close to my house and took out my TV

I am trying to figure out how to repair it for the least cost

Comment

hi there. I am newish to board level diagnostics (I am 50 )but with help from a neighbour who used to work in the films at elstree studios in the sixties! (A very interesting guy with loads of stories.) I managed to fix an lg monitor with bad caps. Maximum grooviness. I still use the monitor two years later. Result! I now am attempting to get a tv working. The light comes on but just flashes slowly and won't kick into power either with the buttons or the remote. I shall investigate the FAQ's and guides before pestering people for help. I would like to repair the fault rather than replace the board for ecological reasons. I have been fixing p.c's for years and did notice a lot of P.S.U.'s and MB failures during cap plague but never suspected bad caps as the cause. (just chucked in a new psu or mb.) But when it comes to flat panels I reckon if the panel is good, then it should be viable as an economical repair. What do peeps think?

Comment

Hello, just signed up for an account here. Mostly because I am in search of an old no name beige atx case, and I was hoping by viewing attached pictures on posts I might stumble across it. Cheers!

Comment

Hello, i am a technician from cellphones. ps2, ps3 and wii, but now i wanna learn about repair tvs, i am from peru, in my country the support for repair tvs are too low, always replace mainbords , never try to repair, because for ths reason i wanna learn about tvs.

Comment

Hello, I'm an electrical engineer and I found the site while troubleshooting my Samsung plasma tv. I'll post a detailed question in the TV forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X